- Name: Ampelosaurus atacis
- Name Meaning: Vine Lizard
- Diet: Herbivore
- Length: 15-16 meters (50-53 feet)
- Time Period: Late Cretaceous
- Classification: Titanosauria --> Lithostrotia --> Nemegtosauridae(?)
- Place Found: Europe
- Describer: Le Loeuff, 1995
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: Water
- Sign: Scissors
- Power: 2000
- Technique: 400
- Scissors (Critical): 700
- Rock/Paper: 500
- Hunter Type (Japanese 2007 Series; English & Taiwanese Series 2)
- Counter Type (Japanese Gekizan 1st Edition)
- Tie Recovery Type (Japanese Kakushin 1st Edition)
- Arcade Nickname/Catchcopy:
- Japanese: 難攻不落の巨躯
- Taiwanese: 難攻不落的巨軀
- Card Rarity: Gold
- 2007 3rd Edition (New; 033-竜; Hunter Type)
- 2007 4th Edition (028-竜; Hunter Type)
- 2007 4th Edition+ (035-竜; Hunter Type)
- Water's Egg
- Gekizan 1st Edition (020-竜; Counter Type)
- Kakushin 1st Edition (006-竜; Tie Recovery Type)
- Non-sale Europe Egg (EGG-015-竜)
- Series 2 3rd Edition (New; 033-Dino; Hunter Type)
- Series 2 4th Edition (035-Dino; Hunter Type)
- Series 2 3rd Edition (New; 033-龍; Hunter Type)
- Series 2 4th Edition (035-龍; Hunter Type)
- Non-sale Water's Egg
- Attribute: Water
- Owner: Seth (Alpha Gang), Rod (Alpha Gang), Zoe Drake (D-Team)
- Dinosaurs Defeated: Terry, Black Tyrannosaurus (with assistance)
- Aqua Vortex
- Create a vortex that cancels your opponent's attack. It can also deal damage.
- Attribute: Water
- Power: 1900
- When this Dinosaur wins a battle, draw 2 cards.
- Spring of Hope: 2 (Fearless Ampelosaurus)
- When this Dinosaur loses a battle, draw 2 cards.
Its card was, along with his Move Card, activated during a snowball fight in Russia when its Card Capsule was accidentally thrown into an ice fisherman's hole on a frozen lake. It slept in a train car on the Trans-Siberian Railway that the D-Team was trapped in, lulled to sleep through Paris' singing. After the train was stopped and it woke up, Chomp, Ace, and Paris were summoned to fight him, but they were interrupted by Terry. He used Volcano Burst against Ampelosaurus, but it used its tail to slam into him, deflecting the attack. It then used Aqua Vortex to defeat Terry, but Chomp weakened it with Electric Charge. Seth defeated Ampelosaurus with Tank, using Dino Swing after it fought with the D-Team. Its cards were claimed by Seth.
Another one also appears in Alien Parent Trap as the D-Team travels into the Cretaceous Period, to help Chomp defeat Terry.
The Space Pirates are shown to have one on their ship in the Ancient Persia Story Arc.
- Dr. Taylor's arcade comments:
- Japanese: 首からせなかにかけてトゲのよろいを身につけた草食恐竜で、ティタノサウルスのなかまだ。
- Taiwanese: 從脖子到背的部份有著刺野的草食恐龍,是巨龍的同類。
- It is the second gold rarity Water Dinosaur Card in the arcade.
- Along with Spinosaurus, Camarasaurus, Patagosaurus, Opisthocoelicaudia, Baryonyx, Suchomimus, Saltasaurus, Amargasaurus and Irritator, it is one of the available dinosaurs in Japanese and Taiwanese non-sale Water's Egg Card.
- Along with Dacentrurus, Baryonyx, Eustreptospondylus, Iguanodon and Camptosaurus, it is one of the available dinosaurs in Japanese non-sale Europe Dinosaurs Egg Card.
- In the DS Game, the spines on its back are shown as white, but everywhere else they are yellow.
- Ampelosaurus is seen in both the Jurassic Period (Tricks of the Traitor) and in the Cretaceous Period (Alien Parent Trap) even though it only truly lived in the Cretaceous, though it being in the Jurassic may have been a result of Dr. Z and the Ancients bringing it there.
- It was the only Water Dinosaur in Season 1 whose card was activated with a Move Card (Spiny's cards were recreated by Dr. Z).
|p · e · t||Water Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Agustinia · Amargasaurus · Ampelosaurus · Baryonyx · Brontosaurus · Camarasaurus · Cetiosaurus · Dicraeosaurus · Futabasaurus · Gondwanatitan · Irritator · Isisaurus · Jobaria · Nemegtosaurus · Opisthocoelicaudia · Patagosaurus · Saltasaurus · Seismosaurus · Shunosaurus · Spinosaurus · Suchomimus · Titanosaurus|
|Move Card:||Futabasaurus · Ophthalmosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Amargasaurus/Alpha · Baryonyx/Armor · Baryonyx/Super · Brontosaurus/Armor · Camarasaurus/Super · Dicraeosaurus/Super · Irritator/Alpha · Isisaurus/Armor · Jobaria/Armor · Nemegtosaurus/Alpha · Opisthocoelicaudia/Super · Shunosaurus/Armor · Spinosaurus/Armor · Spinosaurus/Black · Spinosaurus/Super · Spiny/Super · Suchomimus/Alpha · Titanosaurus/Super|
|Main:||Spiny · Genie|
|p · e · t||Gold Rare Arcade Dinosaurs|
|Fire:||Tyrannosaurus (1st) · Mapusaurus (2nd)|
|Water:||Spinosaurus (1st) · Ampelosaurus (2nd) · Isisaurus (3rd)|
|Lightning:||Styracosaurus (1st) · Pentaceratops (2nd)|
|Earth:||Saichania (1st) · Euoplocephalus (2nd) ·|
|Grass:||Parasaurolophus (1st) · Saurolophus (2nd) · Lambeosaurus/magnicristatus (3rd)|
|Wind:||Carnotaurus (1st) · Megaraptor (2nd) · Allosaurus/atrox (3rd)|
|Anime:||Chomp (with Triceratops/Armor) · Ace (with Carnotaurus/Armor) · Paris (with Parasaurolophus/Armor) · Terry (with Tyrannosaurus/Armor) · Spiny (with Spinosaurus/Armor) · Tank (with Saichania/Armor)|