Note: Although long considered to be a species of Apatosaurus, a 2015 study concluded that the original species Brontosaurus excelsus was distinct enough to be reassigned to its own genus, taking two other former Apatosaurus species with it.
Various Dinosaur King media alternately call this dinosaur "Brontosaurus" and "Apatosaurus", and they are used interchangeably on this page.
- Name: Brontosaurus excelsus
- Name Meaning: Thunder Lizard
- Diet: Herbivore
- Length: 22 meters (72 feet)
- Time Period: Late Jurassic
- Classification: Diplodocoidea --> Diplodocidae --> Apatosaurinae
- Place Found: USA
- Describer: Marsh, 1877
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- to be added
- Main article: Brontikens
- Attribute: Secret
- Sign: Paper
- Power: 1700
- Level: 4
- Life: 2
- Card Code: DKJC-0??/100
- Card Rarity: Thai Common
- Other Forms: Spectral Armor Apatosaurus
- Other: This Apatosaurus is a Special Dinosaur of Spectre's used to summon its armored form. Being a Thai-only card, it's unclear if it is named "Apatosaurus", "Brontosaurus", "Brontikens", or another variant.
- Abilities: (unreadable on only known image)
- Its Secret Moves are all based around electricity, likely referencing Brontosaurus' name, meaning "thunder lizard", although the name was in reference to how its weight would shake the ground like thunder when it walked.
- Apatosaurus's regular arcade form is a Secret Dinosaur, while it's Spectral Armor form is a Water Dinosaur. In the anime, the only form to appear is the Spectral Armor form, and it's a Secret Dinosaur.
- In the arcade game and anime's English dub, Brontosaurus is referred to as "Apatosaurus". The Japanese anime uses both names, Spectre/Jark saying "Brontosaurus" but Max/Ryuta using "Apatosaurus".
|p · e · t||Secret Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Brontosaurus · Cryolophosaurus · Deinonychus · Eoraptor · Megalosaurus · Pachycephalosaurus · Pawpawsaurus · Therizinosaurus|
|Main:||Brontikens · Cryolophosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Brontosaurus/Armor · Deinonychus/Armor · Therizinosaurus/Super|