Cryolophosaurus ellioti was known for its unique crest, as well as for being the first named species of dinosaur from Antarctica. It has been classified in numerous theropod groups since its discovery. For now it is classified as a Tetanuran, the likelihood of its relation to Dilophosaurus far diminished from previous ideas.
- Name: Cryolophosaurus ellioti
- Name Meaning: Frozen Crested Lizard
- Diet: Carnivore
- Length: 6-7 meters (20-23 feet)
- Time Period: Early/Middle Jurassic
- Classification: Neotheropoda --> Tetanurae
- Place Found: Hanson Formation, Antarctica
- Describer: Hammer/Hickerson, 1994
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
Cryolophosaurus first appeared in a pair of Normal Moves, then a third, and finally a new model appeared as a Secret Dinosaur.
- Attribute: Normal
- Assist Moves:
- Other: To distinguish, Counterattack Recovery card art generally shows a surge of energy at the healed dinosaur's feet, while Light Recovery shows a dome of energy descending from above.
- Attribute: Secret
- Sign: Rock
- Power: 2000
- Technique: 200
- Rock (Critical): 650
- Scissors/Paper: 625
- Strength (Japanese Gekizan series)
- Tie Recovery (Japanese Kakushin series)
- Secret Moves:
- Availability: As a Dinosaur Card, Cryolophosaurus was only available in the Japanese version.
- Attribute: Secret
- Owner: Seth (defected), D-Team/Alpha Gang (probably)
- Dinosaurs Defeated: Gigas, Armatus, Maximus (immobilized only)
- Debut: The Search for the Last Cosmos Stone
- Other: He was the last new Secret Dinosaur in the anime.
- Blizzard Smash
- Freeze your opponents in a glacier with an icy blast!
- Snow Crystal
- Numerous snowflakes appear, which bend into arrowhead before shooting forward, striking the opponent!
- Attribute: Secret
- Sign: Paper
- Power: 2000
- Level: 6
- Life: 3
- Card Code: SAS-043/100, SAS-096/100
- Card Rarity: Gold Rare, Colossal Rare
- Image From: The Search for the Last Cosmos Stone anime scene
- [Winter's Chill]
- No Player may gain Life Points.
- (This Dinosaur can use Super Moves of any Element. It must still meet all other requirements on the card.)
Seth first summoned him in The Search for the Last Cosmos Stone when he betrayed the Space Pirates. He fought against Gigas and managed to knock him down despite not having armor. Even when Armatus and Maximus joined the battle, he was strong enough to knock them away. When they used their Spectral Moves against him, he used Blizzard Smash to trap them in a mass of ice, getting called back as Seth boarded the Backlander.
He later appeared in Clash for the Cosmos Stones to fight Chomp and managed to dodge his Ultimate Thunder, knocking Chomp away mid-attack. When he used Snow Crystal, Chomp was recalled before it hit. He then fought against Ace and Paris (and Chomp again). He used Blizzard Smash against Ace and Paris, but they (barely) dodged it. Then Chomp used the newly-created Final Thunder to finally defeat Cryolophosaurus. However, Seth reclaimed his card, along with the Black Cosmos Stone, and escaped from the Backlander in an escape pod. He appeared later in the same episode to threaten Reese, Dr. Owen, and Patrick. When Chomp, Ace, Paris, Terry, Spiny, and Tank were summoned, he used Snow Crystal to knock them away. What happened to him after that is unclear, probably being called back by Seth, but his card was probably retrieved by the D-Team after Seth got injured.
- Cryolophosaurus was the only Secret Dinosaur in the anime not to be seen in a chibi form.
- There are 3 different colorations of Cryolophosaurus. The blue and white version that is a Secret Dinosaur, the lighter blue version that appears in the three Normal Moves, and a purple version that also is in its Move Cards, but only appears for Player 2 (right side) or when facing the Alpha Gang in story mode in the arcade game.
- Despite the Secret Cryolophosaurus' coloration being blue and white, Cryolophosaurus had already appeared as a Normal Element dinosaur with different colors, possibly suggesting that the Move Card version may be the "real" color for Cryolophosaurus, meaning that Seth's Cryolophosaurus might be altered. This can be supported in the arcade game by the distinct coloration of Eoraptor as a Secret Dinosaur and an alternately colored one seen on a Polacanthus arcade card, but may be meaningless for the anime.
- There is minor naming confusion about some of the dinosaur's Normal Moves. There are actually 2 different Moves where Cryolophosaurus heals your dinosaur: Counter & Recovery (simply "Recovery" in the English arcade), which is a Paper Move; and Light Recovery (originally just "Recovery" in the Japanese arcade, so yes, very confusing), which is a Scissors Move. Both work after you take a hit from your opponent, but Counter & Recovery only works if you got hit by your opponent's critical move, which they are strongest at, so it might heal you more, while Light Recovery works in all cases.
|p · e · t||Main Dinosaurs|
|D-Team:||Chomp (Max) · Ace (Rex) · Paris (Zoe)|
|Alpha Gang:||Terry · Spiny · Tank|
|Spectral Space Pirates:||Brontikens (Spectre) · Gigas (Gavro) · Armatus (Foolscap) · Maximus (Sheer) · Eocarcharia (Goma)|
|Seth:||Saurophaganax · Black Tyrannosaurus · Cryolophosaurus|
|p · e · t||Secret Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Brontosaurus · Cryolophosaurus · Deinonychus · Eoraptor · Megalosaurus · Pachycephalosaurus · Pawpawsaurus · Therizinosaurus|
|Main:||Brontikens · Cryolophosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Brontosaurus/Armor · Deinonychus/Armor · Therizinosaurus/Super|
|p · e · t||Move Card Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Anhanguera · Archaeopteryx · Cryolophosaurus · Dromiceiomimus · Gallimimus · Leaellynasaura · Pawpawsaurus · Piatnitzkysaurus · Quetzalcoatlus · Segnosaurus · Stegoceras · Struthiomimus · Tapejara · Troodon · Tupuxuara · Velociraptor|
|Grass:||Minmi · Muraenosaurus · Oviraptor · Pteranodon · Seismosaurus · Supersaurus · Tupuxuara|
|Water:||Futabasaurus · Ophthalmosaurus|