Cryolophosaurus ellioti was known for its unique crest, as well as for being the first named species of dinosaur from Antarctica. It has also been classified in numerous theropod groups since its discovery. For now it is classfied as a Tetanuran, but there are still possiblities that it is a dilophosaurid.
- Name: Cryolophosaurus ellioti
- Name Meaning: Frozen Crested Lizard
- Diet: Carnivore
- Length: 6-7 meters (20-23 feet)
- Time Period: Early/Middle Jurassic
- Classification: Neotheropoda --> Tetanurae
- Place Found: Hanson Formation, Antarctica
- Describer: Hammer/Hickerson, 1994
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: Secret/Normal (Move Card)
- Power: 2000
- Technique: 200
- Sign: Rock
- Move Cards: Paper/Scissors
- TCG: Paper
- Owner: Seth (Spectral Space Pirates)
- Dinosaurs Defeated: Gigas, Maximus, Armatus
- Debut: The Search for the Last Cosmos Stone
- Other: Cryolophosaurus was summoned by Seth to fight Gigas, Armatus and Maximus, freezing them with Blizzard Smash. It almost froze Ace and Paris, but they dodged his attack, although badly shaken by the near hit. It is very fast and agile, and was even able to dodge Ultimate Thunder (which typically locks the target in place). Cryolophosaurus was defeated by Chomp when he used Final Thunder, Chomp's last new Move Card.
- Blizzard Smash (Secret)
- Freeze your opponents. It was used against Gigas, Armatus and Maximus, preventing them from attacking Seth.
- Snow Crystal (Secret)
- Many icicles appear, ramming into the D-Team and Alpha Gang's dinosaurs.
- Frozen Glide (Secret)
- Make a landscape of ice and hit your opponent into a glacier. This was not used in the anime.
- Haste (Normal)
- Cryolophosaurus rushes your opponent's timer, giving them less time to decide their move. It was not seen in the anime.
- Counter & Recovery (English is Recovery) (Normal)
- Cryolophosaurus heals you by a small amount after you get hit by your opponent's critical move (they won at Rock-Paper-Scissors with their sign). It was not seen in the anime.
- Light Recovery (Normal)
- Cryolophosaurus heals you by a small amount after you get hit. It was not seen in the anime.
- Winter's Chill
- No Player may gain Life Points.
- (This Dinosaur can use Super Moves of any Element. It must still meet all other requirements on the card.)
- There are 3 different colorations of Cryolophosaurus. The blue and white version that is a Secret Dinosaur, the lighter blue version that appears in the three Normal Moves, and a purple version that also is in its Move Cards, but only appears for Player 2 (right side) in the arcade game.
- Cryolophosaurus was the only Secret Dinosaur in the anime not to be seen in a chibi form.
- There is minor naming confusion about some of the dinosaur's Normal Moves. There are actually 2 different Moves where Cryolophosaurus heals your dinosaur: Counter & Recovery (simply "Recovery" in the English arcade), which is a Paper move; and Light Recovery, which is a Scissors move. Both work after you take a hit from your opponent, but Counter & Recovery only works if you got hit by your opponent's critical move (the Rock-Paper-Scissors sign shown on the dinosaur's card), which they are strongest at, so it might heal you more.
|p · e · t||Main Dinosaurs|
|D-Team:||Chomp (Max) · Ace (Rex) · Paris (Zoe)|
|Alpha Gang:||Terry · Spiny · Tank|
|Spectral Space Pirates:||Brontikens (Spectre) · Gigas (Gavro) · Armatus (Foolscap) · Maximus (Sheer) · Eocarcharia (Goma)|
|Others:||Saurophaganax (Seth) · Black Tyrannosaurus (Seth) · Cryolophosaurus (Seth)|
|p · e · t||Secret Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Brontosaurus · Cryolophosaurus · Deinonychus · Eoraptor · Megalosaurus · Pachycephalosaurus · Pawpawsaurus · Therizinosaurus|
|Main:||Bronto · Cryolophosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Brontosaurus/Armor · Deinonychus/Armor · Therizinosaurus/Super|
|p · e · t||Move Card Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Anhanguera · Archaeopteryx · Cryolophosaurus · Dromiceiomimus · Gallimimus · Leaellynasaura · Pawpawsaurus · Piatnitzkysaurus · Quetzalcoatlus · Segnosaurus · Stegoceras · Struthiomimus · Tapejara · Troodon · Tupuxuara · Velociraptor|
|Grass:||Minmi · Muraenosaurus · Oviraptor · Pteranodon · Seismosaurus · Supersaurus · Tupuxuara|
|Water:||Futabasaurus · Ophthalmosaurus|