Defense Burst (or Defense Boost) is a Normal Move Card. The arcade game has both, but they are almost interchangeable.
- Attribute: Normal
- Sign: Rock
- Owner: Sheer (Space Pirates)
- Used By: Gojirasaurus
- First Appearance: Two Shoguns Are Better Than One
- Used to Defeat: None
- Effect: Stop and absorb your opponent's Move Card attack, then form it into a ball, and launch it back at them! In the arcade game, this move only reduces the amount of damage the dinosaur takes from a loss.
- Other: Sheer used it for her Gojirasaurus to block Chomp's Plasma Anchor.
- Defense Boost
- +400; If it's your opponent's turn, the Dinosaur that uses this Move gains +700 Power instead of +400.
- In the arcade game, "Defense Boost" and "Defense Burst" are different cards, but the only difference is that Defense Burst is a stronger version that only activates if you win against your opponent's critical move.
- The only true way to tell them apart is by looking at their Japanese names: the last character of "Defense Boost" looks like a curved "7" with a degree sign (°) attached to the top right corner; the third to last character of "Defense Burst" is a long dash (—).
- Artwork from one of Defense Boost's various arcade cards is seen on the TCG Move Card Simulation.
- This Move can only be used twice for a Dinosaur. This mechanic is similar to Attack Boost, Leaellyn Cure, Technique Boost, and Elemental Power.
|p · e · t||Normal Moves|
|Regular Moves:||Atomic Bomb · Attack Boost/Burst · Defense Boost/Burst · Death Grind · Dino Swing · Diving Press · Elemental Power · Kamikaze Tackle · Life-Force Swap · Move Breaker · Neck Crusher · Power Drain · Stomping Hammer · Tail Smash · Technique Boost · Tie Attack · Wall Smash|
|Assist Moves:||Anhanguera Dive · Counter & Recovery · Critical Block · Rush Doromi · Rush Galli · Rush Sutorutio · Final Fury · Haste · Leaellyn Cure · Light Recovery · Mamori · Move Block · Quick Strike · Skydive · Stun Dash · Tag Team · Tapejara Dive · Tie Breaker · Triple Headbutt · Tupuxuara Dive · Venom Fang|
|Alpha Moves:||ACT Missile · Alpha Darts · Alpha Dice · Alpha Trooper · Banana Surprise · Dino Stuffer · Excited Spaghetti · Exciting Strawberry Cake · Happy Omelette · Happy Pudding · Naughty Curry and Rice · Smiling Hamburger · Softening Beam · Tie Bomb|
|TCG Normal Moves|