- Attribute: Normal
- Sign: Rock
- Usage Condition: This Move activates when you win against your opponent's Critical Move.
- Effect: Draw in energy to burst up and increase your defense, reducing the amount of damage you take from hits!
This card is only available in the Japanese version.
- Gekizan 3rd Edition (New; 048-技; ft. Nemegtosaurus)
- Kakushin 2nd Edition (025-技; ft. Euoplocephalus)
- Kakushin 4th Edition (031-技; ft. Pachyrhinosaurus)
- Attribute: Normal
- Owner: Sheer (Space Pirates)
- Used By: Gojirasaurus
- Debut: Two Shoguns are Better than One
- Used to Defeat: None
- Effect: Stop and absorb your opponent's Move Card attack, then form it into a ball, and launch it back at them!
- Other: It blocked Chomp's Plasma Anchor, but when Sheer tried using it again, Ace attacked with Hurricane Beat too quickly to counter.
- In the arcade game, "Defense Boost" and "Defense Burst" are different cards, but the only difference is that Defense Burst is a stronger version that only activates if you win against your opponent's critical move.
- The only true way to tell them apart is by looking at their Japanese names: the last character of "Defense Boost" looks like a curved "7" with a degree sign (°) attached to the top right corner; the third to last character of "Defense Burst" is a long dash (—).
- This Move can only be used twice for a Dinosaur. This mechanic is similar to Attack Boost/Burst, Defense Boost, Leaellyn Cure, Technique Boost, and Elemental Power.
|p · e · t||Normal Moves|
|Regular Moves:||Atomic Bomb · Attack Boost · Attack Burst · Death Grind · Defense Boost · Defense Burst · Dino Swing · Diving Press · Elemental Power · Kamikaze Tackle · Life-Force Swap · Move Breaker · Neck Crusher · Power Drain · Stomping Hammer · Tail Smash · Technique Boost · Tie Attack · Wall Smash|
|Assist Moves:||Anhanguera Dive · Archaeopteryx Charm · Counterattack Recovery · Critical Block · Dromiceio Rush · Final Fury · Galli Rush · Haste · Leaellyn Cure · Light Recovery · Move Block · Quick Strike · Skydive · Struthio Rush · Stun Dash · Tag Team · Tapejara Dive · Tie Breaker · Triple Headbutt · Tupuxuara Dive · Venom Fang|
|Alpha Moves:||ACT Missile · Alpha Darts · Alpha Dice · Banana Surprise · Dino Stuffer · Excited Spaghetti · Exciting Strawberry Cake · Fight! Alpha Trooper! · Happy Omelette · Happy Pudding · Hold on! Alpha Trooper! · Let's go! Alpha Trooper! · Naughty Curry and Rice · Smiling Hamburger · Softening Beam · Tie Bomb|
|TCG Normal Moves|