While originally classified as an early theropod, it may also have been a very primitive sauropodomorph, could have existed before these two separate groups as an early saurischian, existed before the two main dinosaur branches split, or it may not be a true dinosaur (these last two are the least likely). In any case, there is no certainty.
- Name: Eoraptor lunensis
- Name Meaning: Dawn Thief
- Diet: Omnivore
- Length: 1 meter (3 feet)
- Time Period: Middle/Late Triassic
- Classification: Saurischia --> Theropoda (still debated)
- Place Found: Ischigualasto Formation, Argentina
- Describer: Ricardo Martinez, 1991
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: Secret
- Sign: "?" (varies by form)
- Power: 2000
- Technique: 3000
- Rock: ???
- Scissors: ???
- Paper: ???
- Type: Other Type
- Transforms Into:
- Other: Eoraptor is never used to battle, instead transforming into another dinosaur before its stats are displayed, being named as "Eoraptor ([Element] Form)". Each form has a different Sign and can use Normal Moves or Super Moves of its Element (at least as an arcade mode boss). As a dinosaur's tag team partner in a 2v2 fight, each form of Eoraptor is treated like a dinosaur of that form's Attribute and can activate that Attribute's After-effect Move for the fighting dinosaur's benefit when they win a move button match-up. It and Brontikens are the two dinosaurs Spectre uses when his showdown arcade mode is selected; Eoraptor's form is random each time.
Eoraptor was only available in Japanese version.
- Attribute: Secret
- Owner: Dr. Z (Alpha Gang)
- Transforms Into:
- Other: Dr. Z fights against Max and Rex with an Eoraptor in the final battle.
- Dr. Taylor's arcade comments:
- Original: げんざい発見されてる中でもっとも古い恐竜だ。恐竜のそせんともいわれている。
- Translation: It is the oldest dinosaur being discovered. It is also said to be the ancestors of dinosaurs.
- Eoraptor's Critical Move varies between its forms: known from footage are Earth (Rock) and Water (Scissors), which correspond to the main dinosaurs' Signs, perhaps indicating the rest of the pattern.
- On one of the Polacanthus cards, a golden Eoraptor is seen, seemingly indicating that Eoraptor was an altered dinosaur and in result, it's skin color changed.
- Eoraptor and Pawpawsaurus are the only Secret Dinosaurs not to appear in the anime. However, Pawpawsaurus appeared in the anime as a Move Card dinosaur.
- As of the known half of Jurassic Clash, Eoraptor is also the only Secret Dinosaur to not appear in the TCG. It may be included in the 55 unknown cards, but this cannot be determined.
- Out of the three Triassic dinosaurs in the arcade (the other 2 being Gojirasaurus and Liliensternus), Eoraptor is the only one that is not a Wind Dinosaur, though it likely would be if it weren't Secret.
- In the DS Game, Eoraptor can be changed into another dinosaur by teaching it an elemental move; however it changes back after the turn.
- In the arcade game, it changes at random, but may be influenced by giving it Super Moves one one Element.
- Eoraptor's ability to evolve into any dinosaur might be seen as a parallel to Eevee from Pokémon, as the latter can evolve into a multitude of forms each representing a main type.
- However, the fact that it becomes other dinosaurs instead of unique forms is instead similar to another Pokémon, Ditto, which has no abilities except to transform into other Pokémon.
- Oddly enough, Eoraptor can become Styracosaurus in both its arcade and DS versions, and Styracosaurus is also the only non-main dinosaur species the DS version can become, likely owing to its original prominent position within Lightning before the anime pushed Triceratops into its former place.
|p · e · t||Secret Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Brontosaurus · Cryolophosaurus · Deinonychus · Eoraptor · Megalosaurus · Pachycephalosaurus · Pawpawsaurus · Therizinosaurus|
|Main:||Brontikens · Cryolophosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Brontosaurus/Armor · Deinonychus/Armor · Therizinosaurus/Super|