Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Species: Tyrannosaurus
- Power: 1600
- TCG: 1700
- Technique: 700
- Sign: Rock
- Owner: Gavro (Spectral Space Pirates)
- Dinosaurs Defeated: Spiny, Tank, Chomp, Terry
- Other: The only form Gigas is seen in the anime is its Spectral Armor form. He is Gavro's main dinosaur and the Spectral Space Pirate's first altered dinosaur. In the dub, he is once called "Gigasaurus". He is the last new Fire dinosaur during the series.
- Spectral Lancer (Jark Lancer)
- Four long "arms" grow from the Spectral Armor spikes on Gigas' back, then he runs forward, grab his opponent with them, and smashes them into a wall (that, in the anime, appears out of nowhere, and then vanishes). It was used to defeat Spiny, Tank, Chomp and Terry. It can only be used in his Spectral Armor form.
- Magma Blaster
- Gigas shot a beam of fire at Chomp and Ace, but they dodged the attack and it hit the trees, sparking a forest fire.
- Spectral Slash
- When the Turn Counter shows 6 or more, you can Dino Slash "Spectral Armor Gigas" by placing it on top of this Dinosaur.
He first appeared in his Spectral Armor form in The Wee Musketeers helping Anchiceratops battle the D-Team and Alpha Gang, defeating Spiny. After Anchiceratops was defeated and reclaimed by the D-Team, Gavro realized that the Green Cosmos Stone wasn't there and recalled him. In The Haunted Hunt, he fought the Alpha Gang again, nearly defeating Terry and Spiny, and successfully defeating Tank, but was defeated after Chomp and Ace joined the battle and combined their Ultimate Thunder and Ultimate Wind with Spiny's Ultimate Water. However, he was reclaimed by Gavro and attacked the D-Team and the Alpha Gang in the end of the same episode, but they were rescued by Jonathan.
In the next episode, he fought against Chomp and Ace, using Magma Blaster against them, creating a forest fire. He later fought against the D-Team in the distant Stone Age, but was recalled after Brontikens made the volcano erupt. In The Search for the Last Cosmos Stone he fought alongside Armatus and Maximus against Cryolophosaurus (because Seth stole the Cosmos Stones), but was defeated by Blizzard Smash.
In Clash for the Cosmos Stones, Gigas defeated Chomp and then being supercharged by the Dark Pterosaur. In the finale episode, he and Terry defeated each other with Spectral Lancer and Ultimate Fire, but what happened to his card after that is unclear.
- Gigas's name likely came from the species "Manospondylus gigas", the name given to a theropod that turned out to be the same as Tyrannosaurus, but had been named earlier, meaning "M. gigas" should have had priority over T. rex. However, due to the incomplete nature of its fossils, and the fact that it was never mentioned in scientific documents since before 1899, "M. gigas" was deemed invalid.
- In his debut episode, Gigas has his own roar. But in later episodes, it has the roar shared by Saurophaganax, Torvosaurus, Afrovenator, and Rajasaurus.
|p · e · t||Main Dinosaurs|
|D-Team:||Chomp (Max) · Ace (Rex) · Paris (Zoe)|
|Alpha Gang:||Terry · Spiny · Tank|
|Spectral Space Pirates:||Brontikens (Spectre) · Gigas (Gavro) · Armatus (Foolscap) · Maximus (Sheer) · Eocarcharia (Goma)|
|Seth:||Saurophaganax · Black Tyrannosaurus · Cryolophosaurus|
|p · e · t||Fire Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Abelisaurus · Acrocanthosaurus · Albertosaurus · Alioramus · Carcharodontosaurus · Daspletosaurus · Eocarcharia · Giganotosaurus · Gorgosaurus · Mapusaurus · Metriacanthosaurus · Rajasaurus · Saurophaganax · Siamotyrannus · Tarbosaurus · Torvosaurus · Tyrannosaurus · Yangchuanosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Acrocanthosaurus/Alpha · Alioramus/Super · Carcharodontosaurus/Armor · Daspletosaurus/Super · Eocarcharia/Armor · Eocarcharia/Super · Giganotosaurus/Alpha · Gigas · Gigas/Armor · Gorgosaurus/Alpha · Mapusaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus/Alpha · Rajasaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus/Super · Tarbosaurus/Super · Terry/Super · Torvosaurus/Armor · Torvosaurus/Super · Tyrannosaurus/Armor · Tyrannosaurus/Black · Tyrannosaurus/Super · Yangchuanosaurus/Armor|
|Main:||Terry · Gigas|