Lightning Strike is a Lightning Move Card.
- Attribute: Lightning
- Sign: Rock
- Owner: Max Taylor (D-Team)
- Used By: Chomp, Torosaurus
- First Appearance: Child's Play
- Used to Defeat: Terry, Tank, Spiny, Deinonychus, Mapusaurus, Pentaceratops, Rajasaurus, Maximus (as a Fusion Move), Armatus (as a Fusion Move)
- Usage Condition: You have to win at Rock to use this Move.
- Effect: Charge up a ball of electricity in your horns, then shoot a bolt of lightning at your opponent!
- Other: It was presumably in the card folio Jonathan had. It was stolen by the Alpha Gang, but was reclaimed by Dr. Taylor, who gave it to Max. It was first used against Pachycephalosaurus, but missed. It was Chomp's third Move Card. Another one was in Torosaurus's capsule and was activated by the same sparks; he used the Move alongside Chomp's Lightning Strike to defeat Terry, and after returning to his card, the Move was claimed by Max.
- +1000; (Only a Rock Lightning Dinosaur can use this Move.)
- This was the first Lightning Move Card released by Sega.
- Many of its arcade cards feature only the dinosaur with a ball of electricity in its horns as opposed to it shooting the bolt of lightning, leading to confusion with Electric Charge if not for the Rock/Scissors Sign difference. One of its cards, however, (Kakushin 6th Edition) resembles Blitz Counter.
- Artwork from its various arcade cards is also seen on the TCG Move Cards Energy Spike (4th) and Paralyzing Shock (06 Rainy), and an altered version is seen on Spark of Life (07 2nd).
- In the anime, it was the only Lightning Move used by any dinosaur other than Chomp.
- When Chomp used the Move, the electricity was yellow, but when Torosaurus used it, the electricity was tinted orange.
- It is the most used Move in the series, and also the most used Move in Season 1 alongside Volcano Burst.
|p · e · t||Lightning Move Cards|
|Super Moves:||Blitz Counter · Electric Charge · Gatling Spark · Lightning Ax · Lightning Spear · Lightning Strike · Plasma Anchor · Thunder Bazooka · Thunder Driver|
|Special Moves:||Final Thunder · Ultimate Thunder · Spectral Punisher|
|Fusion Moves:||Thunder Storm Bazooka (with Wind)|
|TCG Lightning Moves|