This dinosaur was named before the slightly more well-known "Majungatholus", which later turned out to be the same creature, so the name "Majungasaurus" is used. It is known for being the first dinosaur for which there is evidence of cannibalism.
- Name: Majungasaurus crenatissimus
- Name Meaning: Lizard of Majunga
- Diet: Carnivore
- Length: 6-7 meters (20-23 feet)
- Time Period: Late Cretaceous
- Classification: Abelisauridae --> Carnotaurinae
- Place Found: Madagascar
- Describer: Taquet and Sues, 1979
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: Wind
- Power: 1800
- Technique: 500
- Sign: Rock
- Owner: Foolscap (Spectral Space Pirates), Max Taylor (D-Team)
- Debut: Desperately Seeking Spartacus
- Other: It can be upgraded into Super Majungasaurus and Spectral Armor Majungasaurus.
- Mayfly (Kagerou)
- Run around your opponent so fast they can't see you, then ram into them multiple times. This was used against Ace. Despite the Move previously being called "Mayfly", it was in this instance called its Japanese name, "Kagerou", though it was mispronounced to sound more like "Kangaroo".
- Super Whirlwind
- When this Dinosaur uses a Super Move and wins the battle, it can attack again, but it must attack a Dinosaur.
- Spectral Armor (Spectral Armor Majungasaurus)
- You can only Dino Slash this Dinosaur by placing it on top of a Majungasaurus.
- Twin Talons (Spectral Armor Majungasaurus)
- When this Dinosaur attacks directly, your opponent loses 1 extra Life Point.
He was first summoned by Foolscap in Ancient Rome to attack the escaping Roman prisoners who were throwing rocks to protect Sophia from him. When the D-Team showed up, summoning their dinos to the battle, he fought in his Spectral Armor form alongside Shunosaurus, at first facing Chomp. He nearly defeat Ace with Mayfly (in this instance called "Kagerou"), but was defeated by Chomp's Plasma Anchor. His card was reclaimed by Max.
- Majungasaurus was the only dinosaur from the Cretaceous that appeared in the Ancient Rome Arc, the others all being from the Jurassic.
- Majungasaurus has the same roar as Carcharodontosaurus and the first Mapusaurus.
- Dinosaur King's Majungasaurus' color scheme resembles the milk snake, a harmless species colored to resemble the venomous coral snake.
|p · e · t||Wind Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Afrovenator · Allosaurus/fragilis · Allosaurus/atrox · Carnotaurus · Ceratosaurus · Deltadromeus · Dilophosaurus · Eustreptospondylus · Fukuiraptor · Gallimimus · Gojirasaurus · Indosuchus · Liliensternus · Majungasaurus · Megaraptor · Monolophosaurus · Neovenator · Piatnitzkysaurus · Rugops · Sinraptor · Szechuanosaurus · Troodon · Utahraptor · Velociraptor|
|Altered/Armored:||Ace/Super · Afrovenator/Armor · Allosaurus/Alpha · Carnotaurus/Armor · Carnotaurus/Super · Ceratosaurus/Alpha · Ceratosaurus/Super · Dilophosaurus/Alpha · Gojirasaurus/Armor · Liliensternus/Super · Majungasaurus/Armor · Majungasaurus/Super · Megaraptor/Armor · Megaraptor/Black · Monolophosaurus/Super · Sinraptor/Alpha · Sinraptor/Super|