- Name: Mapusaurus roseae
- Name Meaning: Earth Lizard
- Diet: Carnivore
- Length: 10-12 meters (33-40 feet)
- Time Period: Middle/Late Cretaceous
- Classification: Allosauroidea --> Carcharodontosauridae --> Giganotosaurinae
- Found: Argentina
- Describer: Coria and Currie, 2006
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Name: Gondo [Kanji: ゴンド] (Dainason)
- Attribute: Fire
- Sign: Rock
- Power: 2000
- Technique: 200
- Rock (Critical): 650
- Scissors/Paper: 550
- Reform Type (Japanese Gekizan Editions)
- Scissors-Scissors Type (Japanese Kakushin 3rd Edition)
- Arcade Nickname: 大地の咆哮 (The Roar of the Earth)
- Card Rarity: Gold
- Other: In the DS game, Mapusaurus is used by Dr. Z.
Mapusaurus was only available in Japanese version.
- Gekizan 1st Edition (New; 022-竜; Reform Type)
- Gekizan 2nd Edition (026-竜; Reform Type)
- Gekizan 2nd Edition+ (022-竜; Reform Type)
- Gekizan 3rd Edition (020-竜; Reform Type)
- Kakushin 3rd Edition (001-竜; Scissors Type)
- Japanese National Museum of Nature and Science "Dinosaurs of Gondwana" Expo Special Edition (Scissors Type; image appeared with a Mapusaurus' skeleton)
- Attribute: Fire
- Owner: Max Taylor (D-Team), Sheer (Spectral Space Pirates), Dr. Z (DS Game)
- Episodes: Beast or Famine, Elements of Surprise
- Other: Though the Chinatown it appears in isn't specified, various scenes show landmarks identical to the Yokohama Chinatown, just south of Tokyo.
- Fire Cannon
- Mapusaurus charged up a fireball in its mouth, then shot it out at Chomp, Ace, and Paris, although the fireballs never hit any of the three dinosaurs.
- Heat Eruption
- Mapusaurus caused the nearby volcano to erupt, sending flaming rocks flying everywhere and endangering a nearby village. Sheer had to call it back to escape the lava.
- Fire Bomb
- Mapusaurus bites into the opponent and causes a massive fiery explosion. However, this move was never used successfully, as it was countered by Chomp's Lightning Spear.
- Attribute: Fire
- Sign: Paper
- When this Dinosaur wins a battle during your turn, your opponent loses 1 extra Life Point.
- Combo Bite (Ferocious Mapusaurus)
- When this Dinosaur uses a Super Move and wins the battle, your opponent loses 1 extra Life Point.
- Pack Bite (Destructive Mapusaurus)
- As long as you have a level 7 Dinosaur in play, this Dinosaur gains the ability [Bite]. (When this Dinosaur wins a battle during your turn, your opponent loses 1 extra Life Point).
- Spectral Armor (Spectral Armor Mapusaurus)
- You can only Dino Slash this Dinosaur by placing it on top of a Mapusaurus.
- Infinity Bite (Spectral Armor Mapusaurus)
- When this Dinosaur wins a battle during your turn, your opponent loses 5 extra Life Points.
His card, along with his Move Card, was activated in Chinatown because of Jonathan's stove fire. It destroyed Max favorite eatery, causing Max to send Chomp to attack him, but Chomp was too hungry and got distracted by a crate of cabbages. Ace was then summoned to attack, but he did the same thing as Chomp, going after a rack of meat. When Paris was summoned, Mapusaurus used Fire Cannon, but the attack missed her and burned Chomp and Ace's food, enraging them. The three ran after him, but when they split up and Max tried to attack him, his Move Cards sprung out of his Dino Holder, letting Mapusaurus knock Chomp away. Then Paris used Metal Wing to weaken him, but when Max wanted to use Thunder Bazooka, Rod and Laura appeared, summoning Spiny and Tank to battle him. They were immediately defeated by Chomp's Thunder Bazooka. Chomp then used Lightning Strike to defeat Mapusaurus, allowing Max to claim the cards.
Sheer summoned another Mapusaurus to scare away a pair of tree cutters who had disturbed her sleep, where they were mistaken for Lady Tessen and the Bull King from local lore. She later summoned him to force Sanzo Hoshi to help her after capturing him, but he was knocked away when Chomp was summoned to battle him. He fought in his Spectral Armor form against him, but when Ace was summoned, he used Heat Eruption, causing the nearby volcano to erupt. Sheer had no other choice than to recall him. He was then summoned in his normal form to battle the D-Team again near the base of the volcano, using Fire Bomb. However, Chomp blocked it with Lightning Spear, knocking him down. He then beat him with Gatling Spark. His card was reclaimed by Max.
- Dr. Taylor's arcade comments:
- Japanese: ギガノトサウルスににた新しゅの肉食恐竜だ。ナイフのようなするどい歯を持っている。
- Translate: It is a carnivorous dinosaur similiar to Gigantosaurus. It has knife-like teeth.
- In the arcade, it shared the same roar with Euoplocephalus and Brontosaurus, though its roar has other sound mix.
- It's possible that the first Mapusaurus in the anime is Gondo from Dainason, there are clues to emphasize this as both dinosaurs have a ferocious appetite and both eat their food in one bite.
- When Sheer's Mapusaurus is defeated without armor, it return to its regular gray, armor-less Dinosaur Card, but when Deinonychus is defeated without armor, it returns to its purple Spectral Armor card.
- Though it didn't appear in the same country during its two main appearances, it was coincidentally activated in a Chinatown in season 1 before being summoned in the actual China in season 2.
|p · e · t||Fire Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Abelisaurus · Acrocanthosaurus · Albertosaurus · Alioramus · Carcharodontosaurus · Daspletosaurus · Eocarcharia · Giganotosaurus · Gorgosaurus · Mapusaurus · Metriacanthosaurus · Rajasaurus · Saurophaganax · Siamotyrannus · Tarbosaurus · Torvosaurus · Tyrannosaurus · Yangchuanosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Acrocanthosaurus/Alpha · Alioramus/Super · Carcharodontosaurus/Armor · Daspletosaurus/Super · Eocarcharia/Armor · Eocarcharia/Super · Giganotosaurus/Alpha · Gigas · Gigas/Armor · Gorgosaurus/Alpha · Mapusaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus/Alpha · Rajasaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus/Super · Tarbosaurus/Super · Terry/Super · Torvosaurus/Armor · Torvosaurus/Super · Tyrannosaurus/Armor · Tyrannosaurus/Black · Tyrannosaurus/Super · Yangchuanosaurus/Armor|
|Main:||Terry · Gigas|
|p · e · t||Gold Rare Arcade Dinosaurs|
|Fire:||Tyrannosaurus (1st) · Mapusaurus (2nd)|
|Water:||Spinosaurus (1st) · Ampelosaurus (2nd) · Isisaurus (3rd)|
|Lightning:||Styracosaurus (1st) · Pentaceratops (2nd)|
|Earth:||Saichania (1st) · Euoplocephalus (2nd) ·|
|Grass:||Parasaurolophus (1st) · Saurolophus (2nd) · Lambeosaurus/magnicristatus (3rd)|
|Wind:||Carnotaurus (1st) · Megaraptor (2nd) · Allosaurus/atrox (3rd)|
|Anime:||Chomp (with Triceratops/Armor) · Ace (with Carnotaurus/Armor) · Paris (with Parasaurolophus/Armor) · Terry (with Tyrannosaurus/Armor) · Spiny (with Spinosaurus/Armor) · Tank (with Saichania/Armor)|