Megalosaurus was the first ever dinosaur discovered that was realized to be one. There have been a total of 33 different species of Megalosaurus named, but most are now considered other dinosaurs, as all theropod-like fossil animals used to be named "Megalosaurus something".
- Name: Megalosaurus bucklandii
- Name Meaning: Great Lizard
- Diet: Carnivore
- Time Period: Middle/Late Jurassic
- Size: 9-10 meters (30-33 feet)
- Classification: Megalosauroidea --> Megalosauridae --> Megalosaurinae
- Place Found: England, France, Portugal
- Describer: Mantell, 1827
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: Secret
- Power: 2000
- TCG: 1400
- Technique: 200
- Sign: Scissors
- TCG: Paper
- Owner: Dr. Z (Alpha Gang), Max Taylor (D-Team), Rod (Alpha Gang), Foolscap (Spectral Space Pirates)
- Name: Megalo (Japanese)
- Dinosaurs Defeated: Ace, Black Tyrannosaurus (with assistance)
- Debut: Santa Saurus!, The No-Fun Shogun
- Zero G Throw
- Throw your opponent around through mind power. It was used to defeat Ace.
- Gigantic Fall
- Tear up a giant chunk out of the ground and crush your opponent with it! In the anime, numerous smaller rocks were hurtled at Deinonychus.
- Psychic Bind
- It paralyzes the opponent, then Megalosaurus comes to bite them. It is not used in the anime.
- Each player's maximum hand size becomes 5. (Instead of 8)
- (This Dinosaur can use Super Moves from any Element. It must still meet any other requirements.)
Its aggressiveness as a child made it impossible to tame as an adult, so Dr. Z sent him back into a card and stuck him inside a book. Later, Dr. Z finds its card again, and gives it to the Alpha Trio. Ursula accidentally activates it, thanks to the Christmas lights. Like it was as a child, Megalosaurus went on a mad rampage, defeating Ace and putting everyone in danger from a meteor shower (that may have been an anime-only ability, or just part of the time-warp battlefield called on by Megalosaurus's rage). However, Chomp later manages to defeat it with Thunder Bazooka. In Dinosaur War!, Laura summons Megalosaurus to fight against Black T-Rex, where it attacks with Zero G Throw.
Foolscap uses one to try and scare off the female ninjas, but it ends up fighting against Sheer, and is quickly defeated by her Deinonychus.
- Megalosaurus was the only dinosaur capable of using Element Boosters in Mesozoic Meltdown that didn't (Cryolophosaurus didn't use Element Boosters, either, but Seth had no way of having it use them).
- Along with Deinonychus, Megalosaurus is one of the two Secret Dinosaurs that reappeared in Mesozoic Meltdown.
- It is possible for a Megalosaurus in the DS game to play the role of Megalo in the anime, if you nickname it.
- Megalosaurus has the same roar in the anime as Gigas's original roar (The Wee Musketeers to Bad Deal).
|p · e · t||Secret Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Brontosaurus · Cryolophosaurus · Deinonychus · Eoraptor · Megalosaurus · Pachycephalosaurus · Pawpawsaurus · Therizinosaurus|
|Main:||Bronto · Cryolophosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Brontosaurus/Armor · Deinonychus/Armor · Therizinosaurus/Super|