Note: Despite initial fossil reconstructions, Megaraptor is not actually a part of the dromaeosaurid family, but is part of a group of theropods called the Megaraptorans. This group has long been assigned to the neovenatorid family of carnosaurs, but new theories place it within the tyrannosauroid superfamily, closely related to the tyrannosaurd family. The claw on the foot has now been discovered to be a thumb claw that was probably used to grasp prey.
- Name: Megaraptor namunhuaiquii
- Name Meaning: Giant Thief
- Diet: Carnivore
- Length: 8-9 meters (26-30 feet)
- Time Period: Middle/Late Cretaceous
- Classification: Tyrannosauroidea --> Megaraptora --> Megaraptoridae
- Place Found: Argentina
- Describer: Novas, 1998
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: Wind
- Power: 2000
- TCG: 1900
- Technique: 400
- Sign: Paper
- TCG: Rock
- Owner: Max Taylor (D-Team), Rex Owen (D-Team), Sheer (Spectral Space Pirates), Rex Owen (D-Team)
- Name: Meg (Dub) (2nd Megaraptor only)
- Debut: Just Plane Crazy, Amazing Treasure Race
- Other: Megaraptor was activated at an airport, thanks to the Alpha Gang's rocket crashing. It was defeated by Spiny, but Max got its card. Later Rex used him to fight the Black T-rex, but was defeated after it was kicked away. In the Pterosaur Legends, Sheer used another Megaraptor (named "Meg"), who has a Spectral Armor form. It almost defeated Chomp and Paris, but lost because Ace's Ultimate Wind was stronger than her Ninja Attack. There is a Black Megaraptor card in the Black Dinosaur Rampage booster pack. Eoraptor can transform into a Megaraptor. To get Megaraptor in the DS Game, you have to connect to the wi-fi 50 times.
- Hurricane Beat
- Megaraptor kicked a rock, sending smaller rock shards at Jim.
- Ninja Attack
- Megaraptor created multiple clones of itself and ran at Ace. However, it was defeated by Ace's simultaneous Ultimate Wind.
- Eagle Eye
- When you Dino Slash this Dinosaur, your opponent must play with his hand revealed until the end of the turn.
- Doppelganger (Lost Megaraptor)
- Instead of attacking with this Dinosaur, you can let 1 of your other Dinosaurs attack directly even if your opponent has Dinosaurs in play. After it attacks, put that Dinosaur on top of your deck.
- Super Whirlwind (Surprise Attack Megaraptor)
- When this Dinosaur uses a Super Move and wins the battle, it can attack again, but it must attack a Dinosaur.
- Twin Talons (Prowling Megaraptor)
- When this Dinosaur attacks directly, your opponent loses 1 extra Life Point.
- Camouflage (Prowling Megaraptor)
- When this Dinosaur attacks, your opponent cannot use the ability [Defender].
- Spectral Armor (Spectral Armor Megaraptor)
- You can only Dino Slash this Dinosaur by placing it on top of a Megaraptor.
- Hyperstorm (Spectral Armor Megaraptor)
- When you Dino Slash this Dinosaur from your hand, your opponent loses 3 Life Points.
|p · e · t||Wind Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Afrovenator · Allosaurus/fragilis · Allosaurus/atrox · Carnotaurus · Ceratosaurus · Deltadromeus · Dilophosaurus · Eustreptospondylus · Fukuiraptor · Gallimimus · Gojirasaurus · Indosuchus · Liliensternus · Majungasaurus · Megaraptor · Monolophosaurus · Neovenator · Piatnitzkysaurus · Rugops · Sinraptor · Szechuanosaurus · Troodon · Utahraptor · Velociraptor|
|Altered/Armored:||Ace/Super · Afrovenator/Armor · Allosaurus/Alpha · Carnotaurus/Armor · Carnotaurus/Super · Ceratosaurus/Alpha · Ceratosaurus/Super · Dilophosaurus/Alpha · Gojirasaurus/Armor · Liliensternus/Super · Majungasaurus/Armor · Majungasaurus/Super · Megaraptor/Armor · Megaraptor/Black · Monolophosaurus/Super · Sinraptor/Alpha · Sinraptor/Super|