Note: Despite initial fossil reconstructions, Megaraptor is not actually a part of the dromaeosaurid family, but is part of a group of theropods called the Megaraptorans. This group has long been assigned to the neovenatorid family of carnosaurs, but new theories place it within the tyrannosauroid superfamily, closely related to the tyrannosaurid family. The claw on the foot has now been discovered to be a thumb claw that was probably used to grasp prey.
- Name: Megaraptor namunhuaiquii
- Name Meaning: Giant Thief
- Diet: Carnivore
- Length: 8-9 meters (26-30 feet)
- Time Period: Middle/Late Cretaceous
- Classification: Tyrannosauroidea --> Megaraptora --> Megaraptoridae
- Place Found: Argentina
- Describer: Novas, 1998
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: Wind
- Power: 2000
- TCG: 1900
- Technique: 400
- Sign: Paper
- TCG: Rock
- Owner: Max Taylor (D-Team), Rex Owen (D-Team), Sheer (Spectral Space Pirates), Max Tailor (D-Team)
- Name: Meg (Dub) (2nd Megaraptor only)
- Debut: Just Plane Crazy, Amazing Treasure Race
- Other: There is a Black Megaraptor card in the Black Dinosaur Rampage booster pack. Eoraptor can transform into a Megaraptor. To get Megaraptor in the DS Game, you have to connect to the wi-fi 50 times.
- Hurricane Beat
- Meg kicked a rock and then smashed it with her tail, sending smaller rock shards at Jim.
- Ninja Attack
- Meg created multiple clones of itself and ran at Ace. However, she was defeated by Ace's simultaneous Ultimate Wind.
- Eagle Eye
- When you Dino Slash this Dinosaur, your opponent must play with his hand revealed until the end of the turn.
- Doppelganger (Lost Megaraptor)
- Instead of attacking with this Dinosaur, you can let 1 of your other Dinosaurs attack directly even if your opponent has Dinosaurs in play. After it attacks, put that Dinosaur on top of your deck.
- Super Whirlwind (Surprise Attack Megaraptor)
- When this Dinosaur uses a Super Move and wins the battle, it can attack again, but it must attack a Dinosaur.
- Twin Talons (Prowling Megaraptor)
- When this Dinosaur attacks directly, your opponent loses 1 extra Life Point.
- Camouflage (Prowling Megaraptor)
- When this Dinosaur attacks, your opponent cannot use the ability [Defender].
- Spectral Armor (Spectral Armor Megaraptor)
- You can only Dino Slash this Dinosaur by placing it on top of a Megaraptor.
- Hyperstorm (Spectral Armor Megaraptor)
- When you Dino Slash this Dinosaur from your hand, your opponent loses 3 Life Points.
His card was activated at an airport in the gust of wind ensuing when the Alpha Gang's rocket crashed and gouged up part of the runway. It went inside the airport, scaring people off, but was quickly intercepted by Spiny. It was defeated by him after being tossed around a bit, but Max got its card.
Sheer used another Megaraptor named Meg at the Caribbean Islands to fight Ace and Chomp, but she was recalled after she fell along with Chomp in the water. Sheer summoned her later in her Spectral Armor form to fight Chomp, Ace, and Paris while she was looking for the Blue Cosmos Stone. She used Hurricane Beat on a rock to keep Jim away. She nearly defeated Chomp and Paris, but after Sheer found the Cosmos Stone, she abandoned Meg. She used Ninja Attack, but was defeated when Ace countered it with Ultimate Wind. Her card was reclaimed by Max.
|p · e · t||Wind Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Afrovenator · Allosaurus/fragilis · Allosaurus/atrox · Carnotaurus · Ceratosaurus · Deltadromeus · Dilophosaurus · Eustreptospondylus · Fukuiraptor · Gallimimus · Gojirasaurus · Indosuchus · Liliensternus · Majungasaurus · Megaraptor · Monolophosaurus · Neovenator · Piatnitzkysaurus · Rugops · Sinraptor · Szechuanosaurus · Troodon · Utahraptor · Velociraptor|
|Altered/Armored:||Ace/Super · Afrovenator/Armor · Allosaurus/Alpha · Carnotaurus/Armor · Carnotaurus/Super · Ceratosaurus/Alpha · Ceratosaurus/Super · Dilophosaurus/Alpha · Gojirasaurus/Armor · Liliensternus/Super · Majungasaurus/Armor · Majungasaurus/Super · Megaraptor/Armor · Megaraptor/Black · Monolophosaurus/Super · Sinraptor/Alpha · Sinraptor/Super|