Move Cards are special cards that can boost your dinosaur's attack and defense, as well as unleash a special attack that can give you a huge advantage in battle!
All links to cards are from Kyoryu-King.com Card List (arcade). Please note that these are only the anime, arcade, and (some) DS Move Cards. DS-only Move Cards are found at DS Game Move Cards, and TCG-only Move Cards are found at TCG Move Cards.
About Move Cards
There are two main types of Move Cards: Normal Moves and Super Moves. Normal Move Cards can be used by all dinosaurs, but don't have as much of an effect as Super Move Cards. Super Move Cards can only be used by dinosaurs of the same Element, but they are very powerful. Many of the Trading Card Game and DS Game Moves use different names than the anime and arcade's.
In the arcade, Move Cards are one of 3 card types alongside Dinosaur and Character. Some aspect of them, typically in the border, is the color of their Element (orange for Normal). Each dinosaur can be equipped with up to three Move Cards, one from each Sign, be they Normal or Super. Move Cards activate under specific conditions, normally being triggered by a win, loss, or tie, sometimes at a particular Sign, and sometimes only under that condition while also after a win, loss, or tie the previous round. They can give either extra damage, status effects, or both, or even alter gameplay for the round.
The arcade game is the standard for Move Cards on this page and Wiki. Most Moves have multiple iterations of their card based on how many waves they were released in, but differ only in artwork. Owing to this, they are the only Move Card group without a standard appearance, and the only one that can have landscape orientation.
In the anime, Move Cards are one of 2 card types alongside Dinosaur. The body of the cards are a pale orange color. They can be activated alongside wild dinosaurs' cards by the environment and wind up "inside" the dinosaur to be used whenever desired. They can also be swiped/placed on a device that has summoned a dinosaur to have them use it at any point, even when not in a battle. They were first created before the events of the series by Dr. Z to make dinosaurs even more powerful during his initial (unsuccessful) campaign to create a dinosaur kingdom.
The anime contains many but not all Move Cards from the arcade game, though sometimes with different names. Very few of the Moves in the anime ever have their front artwork seen, instead only showing the Element-based card backs for ease of animation.
In the TCG, Move Cards are one of 3 card types alongside Dinosaur and Character. They feature pale orange headings and tabs. It is suggested they comprise about half of a player's deck. They are used during battles to boost a Dinosaur's Power to win the match-up; players can choose not to use one, but they have only one chance to play it. Most Moves have abilities in addition to the Power boost. They are sent to the discard pile after one use. Only specific Move Cards have Signs, and only Dinosaurs with that Sign can use them.
The TCG contains several of the Move Cards from the arcade and/or anime, but it also contains many times more, each new booster pack featuring dozens of new Moves, roughly none of which ever repeat. "New" TCG Moves almost always reuse artwork from some arcade card or a scene from the anime.
In the DS Game, Move Cards work much like they do in the arcade game, though sometimes with different names. Many Moves have their animations recycled directly from the arcade game; there also appear to be "reskinned" Moves given new names as alternate or stronger versions of arcade Moves (Thunder Tail is Tail Smash with electricity added, etc.).
Move Cards appear to be inherently equipped to dinosaurs with limited customization, and they gain access to new and stronger Moves as they level up, the player likely needing to replace the Moves in their Sign slots as new ones become available or pass on gaining them, similar to Pokémon games. Each dinosaur has MP that using Move Cards depletes by various amounts depending on the Move, but it regenerates as the turns go on; if a Move requires more MP than is available, its Rock-Paper-Scissors symbol will be gray on the attack screen and it can't be used (it's unclear if the Sign can be used to attack or not, but the Move definitely won't activate).
As the game is digital, they do not have actual collectible cards.
- This Wiki has limited knowledge in general on the DS Game. If you can provide more, please do so.
Normal Move Cards
- ACT Missile (Rock) (page) - Bring out an Act Missile, which will hit your opponent!
- Alpha Darts/Pounding! ACT Darts! (Scissors) (page) - Throw a dart! What will you get?
- Alpha Dice (Paper) (page) - Roll the dice! Whatever you get will be the number of bombs that explode around your opponent!
- Anhanguera Dive (Scissors) (page) - Anhanguera will attack your foe!
- Archaeopteryx Charm (Paper) (page) - Archaeopteryx comes and protects your dinosaur!
- Atomic Bomb (Paper, Technique: 500) (page) - Jump into the air, and ram into your opponent!
- Attack Boost/Attack Up (Paper) (page) - Boost your power!
- Attack Burst (Paper) (page) - Boost your power!
- Banana Surprise (Scissors) (page) - Your foe will slip on a banana peel and bonk their head!
- Counter & Recovery (Paper) (page) - Cryolophosaurus will come and heal your dinosaur!
- Critical Block (Rock) (page) - Velociraptors will come and cancel your enemy's move!
- Death Grind (Scissors, Technique: 500) (page) - Your dinosaur will drag your foe around and then fart at it!
- Defense Boost/Defense Up (Rock) (page) - Reduce the amount of damage you get from your enemy!
- Defense Burst (Rock) (page) - Reduce the amount of damage you get from your enemy!
- Dino Stuffer (Rock) (page) - A magical beam turns your opponent into a stuffed toy!
- Dino Swing (Paper, Technique: 800) (page) - Swing your opponent by their tail!
- Diving Press (Rock, Technique: 800) (page) - Knock your opponent into the ground!
- Dromiceio Rush (Paper) (page) - After an attack, Dromiceiomimus will lower your enemy's technique!
- Elemental Power (Scissors) (page) - Increase your attribute's effect against your opponent!
- Fight! Alpha Trooper! (Rock) (page) - Kakutoroid attacks your opponent for you!
- Final Fury (Rock) (page) - Velociraptors will come and rescue you from danger!
- Galli Rush (Rock) (page) - Gallimimus will lower your opponent's technique!
- Gokigen Omelette/Happy Omelette (Rock) (page) - Regain your strength by eating a delicious omelet rice!
- Happy Pudding (Paper) (page) - Regain your strength by eating a delicious pudding!
- Haste (Paper) (page) - Cryolophosaurus rushes your opponent, giving them less time to decide their move!
- Hold on! Alpha Trooper! (Scissors) (page) - Kakutoroid attacks your opponent for you!
- Kamikaze Tackle (Scissors, Technique: 200) (page) - Throw your foe into the air, then ram headfirst into it!
- Leaellyn Cure/Saura Healing (Paper) (page) - A Leaellynasaura heals you!
- Let's go! Alpha Trooper! (Paper) (page) - Kakutoroid attacks your opponent for you!
- Life-Force Swap (Scissors) (page) - Switch your own energy with your opponent's!
- Light Recovery (Scissors) (page) - Cryolophosaurus comes and heals your dinosaur slightly!
- Move Block (Rock) (page) - Troodons keep your opponent from activating their move card!
- Move Breaker (Paper) (page) - Confuse your opponent after a tie!
- Neck Crusher (Paper, Technique: 200) (page) - Throw a powerful blow on the enemy's neck with your tail!
- Power Drain (Rock) (page) - Drain your opponent's energy!
- Skydive (Rock) (page) - Quetzalcoatlus will throw your opponent into rocks, lowering their technique!
- Smiling Hamburger (Rock) (page) - Regain your strength by eating a delicious hamburger!
- Soft Beam (Paper) (page) - Prevent a tie by softening your opponent!
- Stomping Hammer (Rock, Technique: 500) (page) - Knock your opponent over and stomp them into the ground!
- Stun Dash (Paper) (page) - Segnosaurus will come and slap your opponent with its claws!
- Struthio Rush (Scissors) (page) - After an attack, Struthiomimus will lower your foe's technique!
- Tag Team/Pawpaw Power (Rock) (page) - Pawpawsaurus will come and take the hit for you!
- Tail Smash (Rock, Technique: 200) (page) - Smack your opponent in the face with your tail!
- Tapejara Dive (Paper) (page) - Tapejara dives at your opponent!
- Technique Boost/Technique Up (Scissors) (page) - Boost your technique!
- Tie Attack (Rock) (page) - Give your opponent your damage during a tie!
- Tie Bomb (Paper) (page) - Bombs explode around your opponent during a tie!
- Triple Headbutt (Scissors) (page) - Lower your enemy's technique by ramming them with three Stegoceras!
- Tupuxuara Dive (Rock) (page) - Tupuxuara dives at your opponent!
- Ukiuki Spaghetti/Excited Spaghetti (Paper) (page) - Regain your strength by eating a delicious plate of spaghetti!
- Wakuwaku Strawberry Cake/Exciting Strawberry Cake (Scissors) (page) - Regain your strength by eating a delicious strawberry cake!
- Venom Fang (Scissors) (page) - Piatnitzkysaurus will come and poison your opponent!
- Wall Smash (Scissors, Technique: 800) (page) - Ram your opponent into a stone wall!
- Wan Paku Curry and Rice/Naughty Curry and Rice (Scissors) (page) - Regain your strength by eating a delicious curry and rice!
List of Super Move Cards
For Super Move Cards, there are six notable types divided by when and how they activate (names are descriptive and unofficial). In this list, Fire Moves will be used as examples.
- Attack Move: The base Super Moves with a simple usage condition, replacing the normal attack. There are three of this type per Element, one for each sign. Example: Fire Bomb activates when the player wins with its sign, Scissors. Swiping this type of Move can boost a dinosaur's Power (health) by 300 or 200 depending of if it is given to their Critical Move or not, respectively, and can boost their Technique by 50.
- After-effect Move: Moves that activate after the player wins. Each attribute has two of this type. Example: Volcano Burst activates after the player wins with any sign.
- Special attack Move: Attack Moves with a special usage condition. Each attribute has two of this type. Example: Magma Blaster activates when the player wins with Rock after a loss. Swiping this type of Move can boost a dinosaur's Technique by 100, but the Power boost is different for each Element (as seen in the lists below).
- After-loss Move: Move that activate after the player loses. There is only one of this type per attribute. Example: Death Fire activates when the player wins with any sign after a loss that causes an elemental cataclysm.
- Tie-attack Move: Moves that activate after the player ties with low damage. This type of Move also have after-effect like more damage after activated (Heat Eruption), sealed the technique of opponent (Ocean Panic), lower opponent's defense power (Plasma Anchor) and swap opponent's HP (Green Impulse). There is only one of this type per attribute. Example: Heat Eruption activates sometimes when the player ties with any sign.
- Non-sign Move: Moves that automatically become the Move for the dinosaur's critical sign. When the move occured in the arcade, you need to press the buttons show in the screen to keep the move activates. Otherwise, the move cannot completely finished. Example: Crimson Flame activates when the player wins with the dinosaur's sign.
According to Japanese official gameplay tips, dinosaurs with higher Technique (usually more than 1000) can easily use After-effect and After-loss Moves. If a dinosaur become its Super form, it can also easily use After-effect Move.
- Blazing Spin Attack (Paper) (page) - Bites enemy and sets it on fire!
- Burning Dash (Paper) (page) - Run to enemy, bite, then ram them in a wall, setting off a huge fiery blast!
- Fire Bomb (Scissors) (page) - Bite your foe and set off a fiery blast!
- Fire Cannon (Rock) (page) - Shoot a ball of fire from your mouth!
- Fire Scorcher/Death Fire (Scissors) (page) - A giant, fiery meteor will demolish your opponent!
- Flare Sword (Scissors) (page) - A sword of fire will gather in the air and smash into your foe!
- Heat Eruption (Rock) (page) - Fiery hot meteors are launched at your opponent!
- Magma Blaster (Rock, Power: +500) (page) - Burn your enemies with a beam of fire!
- Volcano Burst (Paper) (page) - Burn your enemy in a burst of flames!
- Crimson Flame (Special) (page) - Burn your enemies in a relentless blaze!
- Ultimate Fire (page) - Run at your enemy with a barrier of fire and hit your enemy with it! (Requires Element Boosters)
- Aqua Javelin (Paper) (page) - Attack your enemy with spears of water!
- Aqua Vortex (Paper) (page) - Cancel your opponent's move card by surrounding them with a vortex of water!
- Aqua Whip (Paper) (page) - Creates a water whip that surrounds your opponent and allows you to throw them around!
- Futaba Mega Cannon/Futaba Super Cannon (Scissors, Power: +400) (page) - Futabasaurus will shoot a beam of water at your enemy!
- Hydro Cutter (Rock) (page) - Make a big wave of water cut through your opponent!
- Ocean Panic (Scissors) (page) - Ophthalmosaurus will come and drown your opponent, then slice them with their noses!
- Shockwave (Rock) (page) - Cancel your opponent's move card and drown them!
- Tragedy of the Sphere (Scissors) (page) - Suffocate your enemy in a sphere of water!
- Water Sword (Rock) (page) - makes a sword of water jet through your opponent!
- Neptune Stream (Special) (page) - Punch hard with a stream of water!
- Ultimate Water (page) - Make a wave and launch yourself at your enemy! (Requires Element Boosters)
- Blitz Counter (Rock) (page) - When you lose a battle, a bolt of lightning with shock your opponent!
- Electric Charge (Scissors) (page) - Gather lightning and ram into your opponent!
- Gatling Spark (Paper, Power: +450) (page) - Continuously prick your opponent with sparks of lightning!
- Lightning Ax (Rock) (page) - Slice your foe with an ax of lightning!
- Lightning Spear (Paper) (page) - Throw your opponent into the air, then stab them with an electric spear!
- Lightning Strike (Rock (page) - Shoot lightning from your horns!
- Plasma Anchor (Paper) (page) - Throw your opponent into the ground with an anchor of electricity!
- Thunder Bazooka (Scissors) (page) - Your body surges with electrical power as you jump and swirl in the air and crash into your opponent!
- Thunder Driver (Scissors) (page) - Throw your opponent into the air, then drive them into the ground with the powers of electricity and lightning!
- Inazuma Phalanx/Final Thunder (Special) (page) - Bullets of lightning are fired at your opponent!
- Ultimate Thunder (page) - Charge up lightning all over your body, then ram into the opponent! (Requires Element Boosters)
- Big Rock Roller/Rock Roller (Paper) (page) - Slam your opponent with a huge rock!
- Crystal Break (Scissors) (page) - Form crystals around your body and then ram your opponent!
- Earth Barrier (Paper) (page) - Defend yourself using chunks of earth!
- Earthquake (Paper) (page) - Slam your opponent into a crevice in the ground!
- Gigarock Hammer (Scissors) (page) - Your enemy is smashed by a massive crystal!
- Mole Attack (Scissors) (page) - Burrow underground and attack your foe from below!
- Quake Saber (Rock; Power: +450) (page) - Slice your opponent with a crystal sword on your tail!
- Sand Trap (Rock) (page) - Trap your opponent in quicksand!
- Spike Arrows (Rock) (page) - Spikes of crystals form on your back that shoot off and stab your opponent!
- Gaia Mountain (Special) (page) - Stab your opponent with a mountain of crystals!
- Ultimate Earth (page) - Form crystals in front of you and then ram your opponent! (Requires Element Boosters)
- Big Foot Assault (Scissors) (page) - Seismosaurus will come and smash your opponent into the ground!
- Egg Attack (Rock) (page) - Three Oviraptor will shoot eggs at your foe!
- Emerald Garden (Scissors) (page) - Send a garden that sucks up your opponent's energy!
- Green Impulse (Paper) (page) - Eight Tupuxuara will come and steal your opponent's energy!
- Metal Wing (Paper) (page) - Three Pteranodon will slice your opponent with their wings!
- Nature's Blessing (Rock) (page) - Heal dinosaurs to their full potential!
- Super Impact (Paper, Power: +500) (page) - Supersaurus will throw you into your opponent!
- Thorn Whip (Scissors) (page) - A massive thorned vine will burst out of the ground and smack your opponent!
- Two Platoon Crush (Rock) (page) - Seismosaurus and Supersaurus crush your enemy between their necks!
- Dino Force (Special) (page) - Minmi, Muraenosaurus and Tupuxuara charge at your opponent!
- Ultimate Leaf (page) - Run at your enemy with leaves around you and then ram your opponent! (Requires Element Boosters)
- Biting Wind (Rock) (page) - Slice your opponent with knives from a tornado!
- Cyclone (Scissors) (page) - Using the power of wind, win whenever there is a tie!
- Dino Illusion (Rock) (page) - Dodge your opponent's attack!
- Hurricane Beat (Scissors) (page) - Blow your enemy into the air with a tornado, then hit them continuously and kick them into the ground!
- Jet Shuriken (Rock) (page) - Shurikens of wind slice through your foe!
- Kagerou/Mayfly (Paper, Power: +400) (page) - Confuse the foe by running too quickly for their eyes to see, then attack them repeatedly!
- Ninja Attack (Scissors) (page) - Create clones of yourself and attack your opponent without giving them a moment's rest!
- Sonic Blast (Paper) (page) - Blow your opponent into the air with a huge tornado!
- Tornado Toss (Paper) (page) - Run around your opponent so quickly, they are lifted off the ground!
- Air-Raid Storm (Special) (page) - Swirl your opponent into the air, then kick them into the ground!
- Ultimate Wind (page) - Run at the opponent with wind around you and then ram them! (Requires Element Boosters)
Each Secret Dinosaur has its own 3 unique Super Moves, one for each Sign; the only exception is Eoraptor. In the arcade, they are equipped by swiping a Normal Move of that Sign which notes a suggested Technique; in the anime, they are inherent abilities of the dinosaurs, though few are shown to have all three; they do not exist in the TCG, Secret Dinosaurs instead being able to use all Super Moves.
- Pachycephalosaurus - Dynamic Ray/Laser Ray, Head Driver, Quake Hit
- Therizinosaurus - Gyro Claw/Gyro Slasher, Dangerous Claw/Claw Impaler, Claw Blade/Nail Blade
- Deinonychus - Crossing Attack/Cross Cutter, Dino Galaxy/Dynamic Galaxy, Spinning Attack/Rolling Attack
- Megalosaurus - Psychic Bind, Zero G Throw, Gigantic Fall
- Pawpawsaurus - Pawpaw Rolling, Pawpaw Lovelove, Pawpaw Press
- Brontosaurus - Megawatt Stomp, Electro Launcher, Arc Discharge
- Cryolophosaurus - Frozen Glide, Snow Crystal, Blizzard Smash
- Eoraptor - N/A; Turns into 6 other dinosaurs
Other Move Cards
The Spectral Space Pirates (Zanjark) have dinosaurs that can use a unique Move that doesn't require a card. In the arcade, they fall under the same category as DinoTector Ultimate Moves.
- Gigas - Spectral Lancer/Jark Lancer
- Armatus - Spectral Stinger/Jark Stinger
- Maximus - Spectral Punisher/Jark Punisher
- Bronto - Spectral Destroy/Jark Destroyer
- Eocarcharia - Omega Phoenix
- Main article: Move Cards/Fusion
There are special Fusion Moves that are produced by crossing Elements, such as using two different Super Move Cards to create a new powerful Move. Though absent from the arcade game, as you can only control one dinosaur at a time, they exist in the DS and TCG, and several are seen in the anime, though only one there is given a unique name.