The largest pachycephalosaurian, Pachycephalosaurus is also the most well-known (by the public) of them. Despite this, it is only known from skull material. The maximum estimated size of the dinosaur has also decreased over time, but is still uncertain.
- Name: Pachycephalosaurus wyomingensis
- Name Meaning: Thick-Headed Lizard
- Diet: Herbivore/Omnivore (?)
- Length: 4.5-8 meters (15-26 feet)
- Time Period: Late Cretaceous
- Classification: Pachycephalosauria --> Pachycephalosauridae
- Found: USA
- Describer: Gilmore, 1931
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: Secret
- Sign: Scissors
- Power: 2000
- Technique: 1000
- Scissors (Critical): 620
- Rock/Paper: 540
- Blitz Type (Japanese 2007 1st Edition+ & Secret's Egg card; English & Taiwanese Secret Battle game)
- Tie Type (Japanese 2007 2nd & 4th Edition; English & Taiwanese Series 2)
- Strength Type (Japanese Kakushin 3rd Edition)
- Revival Type (Japanese Kakushin 6th Edition Fossil card)
- Arcade Nickname/Catchcopy:
- Japanese: 激烈石頭
- English: The Extreme Hardhead
- Rock: Laser Ray (Dynamic Ray)
- Scissors: Head Driver
- Paper: Quake Hit (Diving Strike in the English arcade game)
- 2007 1st Edition+ (SP04-竜; Blitz Type)
- 2007 2nd Edition (SP05-竜; Tie Type)
- 2007 4th Edition (SP07-竜; Tie Type)
- 2007 4th Edition+ 1st generation Secret's Egg (EGG-010-竜; Blitz Type)
- Kakushin 3rd Edition (SP17-竜; Strength Type)
- Kakushin 4th Edition 2nd generation Secret's Egg (EGG-020-竜; Blitz Type)
- Kakushin 6th Edition Hyper Battle Museum Fossil card (KS023-竜; Revival Type)
- Series 2 2nd Edition (SP04-Dino Tie Type)
- Series 2 4th Edition (SP07-Dino; Tie Type)
- Series 2 2nd Edition (SP04-龍; Tie Type)
- Series 2 4th Edition (SP07-龍; Tie Type)
- Series 2 5th Edition (Blitz Type)
- Attribute: Secret
- Owner: Dr. Z (Alpha Gang), Max Taylor (D-Team), Zoe Drake (D-Team)
- Name: Pachy (Japanese)
- Location: Pisa, Italy (it soon ended up in Rome, though)
- First Appearance: Child's Play
- Dinosaurs Defeated: Terry, Spiny, Black Tyrannosaurus (with assistance)
- Laser Ray
- Pachycephalosaurus unleashes a powerful cone of rainbow energy from its thick head dome at its opponent.
- Attribute: Secret
- Sign: Scissors
- Power: 1800
- Level: 5
- Life: 3
- Card Code: DKTA-043/100, DKTA-099/100
- Card Rarity: Gold Rare, Colossal Rare
- When you Dino Slash this Dinosaur, you can return one of your opponent's Dinosaurs in play to their hand.
- (This Dinosaur can use Super Moves of any Element. It must still meet any other requirements.)
After being activated, it managed to straighten the Leaning Tower of Pisa (although this was later undone by the Backlander). Like most of Dr. Z's Secret Dinosaurs, it rebelled against him because of his harsh treatment of it in the past. Dr. Z and Ursula tried fruitlessly to get Pachycephalosaurus's approval, eventually summoning Terry and Spiny because they couldn't understand why it was ignoring them. This causes the D-Team to summon their own dinosaurs to protect it.
However, this only serves to confuse Pachycephalosaurus, and it goes berserk on the first dinosaur that ruined its goals (this is in half exception for Terry since Dr. Z summoned him). After using its Move Card against Chomp and Terry, Pachycephalosaurus remembers its bond with Dr. Z in the past and accepts him; however, just as he would always hit Dr. Z with its head as a child, so it flung him in the air without meaning to (that, or he had only been faking that he'd forgiven Dr. Z to get close enough to exact his revenge; it isn't explicitly stated either way from the dinosaur's perspective, and he does try to throw Dr. Z off his back in a later episode).
Attracted to the sun, it tried jumping up to it, using Laser Ray to break a hole in the clouds, but it used up too much energy and caused itself to return to its card. Ursula grabs its card, but Dr. Z falls from the sky onto her and makes her drop it, letting Max catch the card.
Max later gives it to Jonathan in episode 49, who delivers it to Rex. Zoe then uses the card against the Black Tyrannosaurus. Dr. Z tries to jump onto his back to ride him as if into battle, but Pachycephalosaurus flails and eventually throws him off.
A wild Pachycephalosaurus aided Chomp in fighting Terry when Dr. Z tried to take over the Cretaceous Period in Alien Parent Trap.
- Dr. Taylor's arcade card comments:
- Japanese: ヘルメットのような頭を持つ草食恐竜だ。頭のほねのあつさは25cmくらいあった。まさに石頭だ。
- English: A herbivore with a head like a helmet. Its skull's thickness is about 25cm thick. Definitely a bonehead.
- It is the second Secret Dinosaur appeared in arcade.
- In the arcade, Pachycephalosaurus has the same roar as Acrocanthosaurus and Seismosaurus, though its roar has a llitle bit different.
- In Japanese 2007 2nd Edition, English & Taiwanese S2 2nd Edition, there were three types of its cards. The difference of cards is word colour of the cards. There are red, blue and green.
- Along with Deinonychus and Therizinosaurus, it is one of the available dinosaurs in Japanese Secret's Egg card.
- It is the 23rd dinosaur available in Fossil Card.
- When Dinosaur King was still airing, there was a website where you could catch dinosaurs in your own Dino Holders. Strangely, the website depicted Secret Dinosaurs as having one of the six regular Elements. Pachycephalosaurus was shown to have the Lightning Element, thus seemingly extending the range of the Lightning Dinosaurs to the whole of Marginocephalia (ceratopsians and pachycephalosaurians).
- The Pachycephalosaurus in Dinosaur King is larger than current estimates of the actual animal. In reality, Pachycephalosaurus were only about 14 ft long and stood around 5-6 ft (1.5-2.0 meters) at the hips, little bigger than an average man.
|p · e · t||Secret Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Brontosaurus · Cryolophosaurus · Deinonychus · Eoraptor · Megalosaurus · Pachycephalosaurus · Pawpawsaurus · Therizinosaurus|
|Main:||Bronto · Cryolophosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Brontosaurus/Armor · Deinonychus/Armor · Therizinosaurus/Super|