Some scientists consider this dinosaur to be a species of Allosaurus, though there is a strong case for it being a distinct genus.
- Name: Saurophaganax maximus
- Name Meaning: Lizard-Eating Master
- Diet: Carnivore
- Length: 12-13 meters (40-43 feet)
- Time Period: Late Jurassic
- Classification: Allosauroidea --> Allosauridae
- Place Found: Morrison Formation, USA
- Discoverer: Chure, 1995
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: Fire
- Power: 2000
- TCG: 1900
- Technique: 400
- Sign: Scissors
- TCG: Paper
- Owners: Rod (Alpha Gang), Seth (Alpha Gang), Max Taylor/Rex Owen (D-Team), Dr. Z (Alpha Gang), Spike Taylor (D-Team)
- Dinosaurs Defeated: Spiny, Tank, Terry, Chomp, Paris, Ace, Black Tyrannosaurus (with assistance), Ampelosaurus
- Other: In the DS game, Saurophaganax is the last dinosaur that Dr. Z uses when he is fought the first time. It is one of the dinosaurs Eoraptor can transform into.
- Magma Blaster
- Collect fire in your mouth, then shoot it off as a beam. This is Saurophaganax's original Move.
- Fire Scorcher (Death Fire)
- A huge fiery meteor is formed, obliterating anything in its path. Saurophaganax was altered to be able to use this Move.
- Fusion Bite
- When this Dinosaur uses a Fusion Move and wins the battle, your opponent loses 2 extra Life Points.
- Dark Bite (City Stalker Saurophaganax)
- When this Dinosaur attacks, it gains the ability [Bite: 3] until the end of the battle (When this Dinosaur wins a battle, your opponent loses 3 extra Life Points).
Saurophaganax was activated in Oklahoma, USA, where it chased a herd of cattle thinking it was food. When the Alpha Gang spotted him, Zander summoned Spiny to battle, but he easily knocked Spiny away and used Magma Blaster to defeat him. Saurophaganax rampaged through the nearby town, dueling Max and Chomp "wild western style". Chomp used Lightning Strike and Saurophaganax used Magma Blaster, both mostly dodging but still being grazed by the attacks. They battle until Chomp knocks him to the ground, but then Rod and Laura enter the battle with Terry and Tank, knocking him down. Ace and Paris were then summoned to save him, but Terry used Critical Block, summoning the Velocitaptors to block their attacks, allowing him to defeat Saurophaganax with Volcano Burst. Max tried to get his cards, but Rod grabbed the Card, and Laura the Move Card.
Later, Seth experimented on it, altering it to let it use Fire Scorcher. In Full Scheme Ahead, Seth summoned him against Spiny and Tank when he broke ranks with the Alpha Gang. They were equally strong, until he used Fire Scorcher, which defeated Spiny and Tank in one hit. He then used the Move to defeat Chomp, Ace, and Paris all at once.
In the next episode, Saurophaganax is used to fight against Tank, knocking her into a wall. Even when Ampelosaurus joined the battle and used Aqua Vortex against him, he used Fire Scorcher, defeating them both.
In One Final Move, he was summoned to stop the D-Team after they retrieved their Stones. Terry battled him, knocking him into the ground, but was defeated with Fire Scorcher. Chomp and Ace attacked him with Thunder Bazooka and Cyclone, but it had a little effect. He then used Fire Scorcher again, which Ace barely dodged. They then combined their attacks to make a Fusion Move, Thunder Storm Bazooka, which finally defeated Saurophaganax, allowing Max to reclaim his card.
In Dinosaur War!, Dr. Z uses Saurophaganax to fight against the Black T-Rex. When Dr. Z fell of Zeta Point, Dr. Taylor controlled him, allowing him to use Magma Blaster in the Fusion Move that defeated the Black T-Rex.
A wild Saurophaganax is seen in the Jurassic Period in Bad Deal.
After defeating Dr. Z and his Saurophaganax, along with Tyrannosaurus and Mapusaurus, Saurophaganax can be gained by entering a specific code on the Stone Circle.
- How does Saurophaganax know how to cowboy duel, and why does he go along with it?
- Although Saurophaganax was altered to be able to withstand using Fire Scorcher, its appearance didn't change, unlike other altered dinosaurs (the other exception being the 3 Velociraptors that Seth also altered).
- Although early estimates at Saurophaganax's size claimed it to be up to 50 feet long (as portrayed in Dinosaur King), recent estimates have shown it to be closer to 40-43 feet long.
- It is one of the few dinosaurs in the anime to activate or appear in the state or country that its fossils were discovered in.
|p · e · t||Main Dinosaurs|
|D-Team:||Chomp (Max) · Ace (Rex) · Paris (Zoe)|
|Alpha Gang:||Terry · Spiny · Tank|
|Spectral Space Pirates:||Brontikens (Spectre) · Gigas (Gavro) · Armatus (Foolscap) · Maximus (Sheer) · Eocarcharia (Goma)|
|Others:||Saurophaganax (Seth) · Black Tyrannosaurus (Seth) · Cryolophosaurus (Seth)|
|p · e · t||Fire Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Abelisaurus · Acrocanthosaurus · Albertosaurus · Alioramus · Carcharodontosaurus · Daspletosaurus · Eocarcharia · Giganotosaurus · Gorgosaurus · Mapusaurus · Metriacanthosaurus · Rajasaurus · Saurophaganax · Siamotyrannus · Tarbosaurus · Torvosaurus · Tyrannosaurus · Yangchuanosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Acrocanthosaurus/Alpha · Alioramus/Super · Carcharodontosaurus/Armor · Daspletosaurus/Super · Eocarcharia/Armor · Eocarcharia/Super · Giganotosaurus/Alpha · Gigas · Gigas/Armor · Gorgosaurus/Alpha · Mapusaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus/Alpha · Rajasaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus/Super · Tarbosaurus/Super · Terry/Super · Torvosaurus/Armor · Torvosaurus/Super · Tyrannosaurus/Armor · Tyrannosaurus/Black · Tyrannosaurus/Super · Yangchuanosaurus/Armor|
|Main:||Terry · Gigas|