Tail Smash is a Normal Move Card.
- Attribute: Normal
- Sign: Rock
- Owner: Zander, Ursula, Laura, Rod, Ed (Alpha Gang), Sheer (Spectral Space Pirates) (never used)
- Used by: Spiny, Terry, Tank
- First Appearance: Bungle in the Jungle
- Used to Defeat: Styracosaurus (with Terry, when aiming for Chomp), Ace, Pteranodon
- Effect: Smack your opponent across the face with your tail twice, then swing around and smash them away with a powerful third hit!
- Other: It was restored by Dr. Z and given to the Alpha Trio. It was Spiny's second Move Card, and one of his most commonly used. The card was later used numerous times by Terry and once by Tank; it was Terry's and Tank's fourth Move Card. What appeared to be several other copies were briefly glimpsed in Sheer's possession in a handful of Move Cards in The French Conniption, but they weren't used.
- Tail Slam
- +600; A powerful blow from your dinosaur's tail, sure to knock your opponent flat!
- This Move is called "Tail Slam" in the TCG. There are 2 versions of it, one from DKCG and one from DKDS, though other than the artwork, they are identical.
- Although the Tail Smash Move Card is first used for Terry against Pteranodon, Terry first performs an attack similar to Tail Smash against Ceratosaurus in Alpha's Zeta Point, though without a Move Card.
- Tail Slam is one of only two TCG Move Cards (the other being Dino Stomp) that has italicized text in the description box (meaning it is irrelevant to gameplay), signifying that the card has no special abilities beyond its Power increase.
- Although Tank only really uses Tail Smash against Fukuisaurus, she repeatedly uses a swinging tail attack against opponents such as Paris, Utahraptor, and Daspletosaurus.
- Artwork from one of its various arcade cards is also seen on the TCG Move Card Standoff Swipe.
- In the arcade game, a Dinosaur must win at Rock to use this Move, and needs at least 200 Technique to use it to full effect (thereby indicating those with 1800-2000 Power).
- It is the only Move used by all three of the Alpha Gang's main dinosaurs.
- If conducted in real life, this Move's power will be extremely lethal as its final blow has the power to send heavy dinosaurs flying (Saltasaurus, etc.) and/or send them to a state that would shatter a rock (Arcade).
|p · e · t||Normal Moves|
|Regular Moves:||Atomic Bomb · Attack Boost · Attack Burst · Death Grind · Defense Boost · Defense Burst · Dino Swing · Diving Press · Elemental Power · Kamikaze Tackle · Life-Force Swap · Move Breaker · Neck Crusher · Power Drain · Stomping Hammer · Tail Smash · Technique Boost · Tie Attack · Wall Smash|
|Assist Moves:||Anhanguera Dive · Archaeopteryx Charm · Counterattack Recovery · Critical Block · Dromiceio Rush · Final Fury · Galli Rush · Haste · Leaellyn Cure · Light Recovery · Move Block · Quick Strike · Skydive · Struthio Rush · Stun Dash · Tag Team · Tapejara Dive · Tie Breaker · Triple Headbutt · Tupuxuara Dive · Venom Fang|
|Alpha Moves:||ACT Missile · Alpha Darts · Alpha Dice · Banana Surprise · Dino Stuffer · Excited Spaghetti · Exciting Strawberry Cake · Fight! Alpha Trooper! · Happy Omelette · Happy Pudding · Hold on! Alpha Trooper! · Let's go! Alpha Trooper! · Naughty Curry and Rice · Smiling Hamburger · Softening Beam · Tie Bomb|
|TCG Normal Moves|