This page is for the anime main dinosaur. For his species, see Tyrannosaurus.
Terry (ティラノ Tirano) is the Alpha Gang's first dinosaur. He is voiced by Yuuka Nakatsukasa in the Japanese version.
Terry's Japanese name, Tirano is an allusion to his actual genus name "Tyrannosaurus", the name however in Japan's alphabet the letter "Y" is absent and is replaced with a "I" after the "T" ending as "Ti".
- Species: Tyrannosaurus
- Attribute: Fire
- Power: 1600
- Technique: 700
- Sign: Paper
- Owner: Alpha Gang (usually Ursula or Dr. Z)
- Name: Terry (ティラノ Tirano)
- Debut: Prehistory in the Making
- Dinosaurs Defeated: Chomp, Ace, Paris, Spiny, Tank, Styracosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Altirhinus, Iguanodon, Pteranodon, Saurophaganax, Fukuisaurus, Black Tyrannosaurus, Edmontonia, Gigas
- Other: He can be upgraded to Super Terry in the arcade game, and has a DinoTector form in the arcade and anime. Terry is also the first dinosaur the Alpha Gang had. He also has a strong rivalry with Chomp, as Chomp was the first dinosaur to defeat him.
- Volcano Burst
- Terry's first move card. Terry burns his opponent in a burst of fire.
- Neck Crusher
- Terry throws the dinosaur into the air, then slams its neck with his tail. It was first used against Tank.
- Tag Team
- Pawpawsaurus defended Terry against Chomp and Ace's attacks. It was eventually reclaimed by Max Taylor.
- Blazing Spin Attack
- This was nearly used in Carnival of Chaos, but was interrupted by Helga's arrival. It was never mentioned for Terry again (but Rajasaurus used it).
- Tail Smash
- Terry smacks the opponent with his tail. This defeated Pteranodon when Zoe attempted to save Iguanodon.
- Critical Block
- Velociraptors block your opponent's move. It was first used by Seth against Chomp.
- Final Fury
- Velociraptors attack your opponent, throwing them around.
- Heat Eruption
- A volcano spews flaming hot meteors! It was obtained from Sheer's Mapusaurus and was used against the mind-controlled Genie, but was blocked by its Hydro Cutter.
- Magma Blaster
- Terry collects fire in his mouth, then shoots it off as a beam. This was first and last used to attack the Dark Pterosaur.
- Ultimate Fire
- Ram into your opponent while you are on fire. This was first used against Edmontonia, and last used against Gigas.
- Alpha Slash (Terry (DKCG, DKTB, DKAA, DKBD, DKDS))
- You can only Dino Slash "Terry (Battle Mode)" by placing it on top of this Dinosaur.
- Pinch Hitter (Terry (DKTB))
- During your turn, when one of your other Dinosaurs battles, you can send this Dinosaur to your discard pile. If you do, use this Dinosaur's Rock-Paper-Scissors icon to decide which Dinosaur has to use a Move first.
- Assist (Terry (DKAA))
- When you Dino Slash this Dinosaur from your hand, all of your other Special Dinosaurs in play gain +200 Power until the end of the turn. (You can only use 1 [Assist] ability per turn.)
- Elemental Boost: Water (Terry (DKBD))
- If you have a Water Dinosaur in play when you Dino Slash this Dinosaur, draw 1 card.
- Dinotector On (Terry (DKDS, DKTA, SAS))
- If your Turn Counter is 4 or higher, you can Dino Slash "Terry (Dinotector)" by placing it on top of this Dinosaur.
- Special Assistance (Terry (DKTA))
- Fire Special Dinosaurs can use this card as a Super Move that gives +500 Power.
- Alpha Assistance (Terry (SAS))
- When you Dino Slash this Dinosaur, you can reveal your hand. If you do and there are no Dinosaurs, choose a Special Dinosaur from your deck and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.
- Fire Master (Terry (Battle Mode) (DKCG, DKAA))
- This Dinosaur can use all Fire Super Moves.
- Combo Bite (Terry (Battle Mode) (DKCG))
- When this Dinosaur uses a Super Move and wins the battle, your opponent loses 1 extra Life Point.
- Loyal (Terry (Battle Mode) (DKAA))
- While your Character is face up, this Dinosaur's Power is 1700 (from 1500).
- Fusion Master (Terry (Battle Mode) (DKBD))
- When this Dinosaur uses a Fusion Move, it gains an extra +300 Power.
Laura first activated Terry to scare Dr.Z and Ed for fun. He is the most powerful of the main three Alpha Gang dinosaurs, and although his isn't very smart proves a dangerous opponent, actually proving to be stronger than the D-Teams main dinosaurs. When in its chibi form, Terry enjoys nibbling on Dr. Z's beard.
- It is shown in episode 27 that Terry possesses Blazing Spin Attack, but did not get to use it as Rod was interrupted by Helga's return from grocery shopping.
- His Transformation is different from the others because as opposed to spinning his starts with him as a chibi standing, after that some fire erupts up and then his legs grow in, his tail does, then his teeth his eyes shine and he roars, as more fire erupts. He was used by Dr.Z. and later by Dr. Taylor in Dinosaur War. He has a strong rivalry with Chomp.
Dinosaur King: Mesozoic Meltdown
Dr.Z first activated him in Mesozoic Meltdown in the Cretaceous Period to capture the dinosaurs, but was defeated by Chomp by the help of an Ampelosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, and a Styracosaurus. Later he was used in a Fusion Move to break the outer shield of the Dark Pterosaur.
Tirano and Terry both are his names. Tirano means 'Tyrant' in the Spanish.
He doesn't seem to be particularly close to any of the Alpha Gang, though like the other dinosaurs is shown to like Rod and Laura better than the A-Team. He has a rivalry with Chomp. He is mostly used by Ursula, Dr.Z or Rod.
- Unlike the other main dinosaurs, Terry is the only one that does not fight any of his relatives from the tyrannosaurid family, although he fought Black Tyrannosaurus and Gigas, the two altered Tyrannosauruses that appeared in the anime.
- Terry's first Move Card, Volcano Burst, was not called by its actual name in the English dub during its first usage.
- Terry's Japanese name oddly means "Dinosaur".
- Like the stereotypical T. rex, Terry has a strong rivalry with the Triceratops of the series, Chomp.
- Unlike Spiny, Terry is shown to be good in combat, as observed in many of his fights with the D-Team's dinosaurs.
- Alongside Chomp, Ace, and Paris, Terry is the most popular character in Dinosaur King where as it goes so far as to appearing on merchandise unrelated to the series itself (seen in Gallery).
- Terry is the dinosaur with the most number of defeats in Season 1, which is 14, followed by Chomp who has 13.
- Terry is the only Alpha Gang dinosaur to defeat all three of the D-Team's main dinosaurs without assistance, also the only one of the 3 to defeat a Space Pirate main dinosaur without assistance (although said battle ended in a double knockout).
|p · e · t||Main Dinosaurs|
|D-Team:||Chomp (Max) · Ace (Rex) · Paris (Zoe)|
|Alpha Gang:||Terry · Spiny · Tank|
|Spectral Space Pirates:||Brontikens (Spectre) · Gigas (Gavro) · Armatus (Foolscap) · Maximus (Sheer) · Eocarcharia (Goma)|
|Others:||Saurophaganax (Seth) · Black Tyrannosaurus (Seth) · Cryolophosaurus (Seth)|
|p · e · t||Fire Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Abelisaurus · Acrocanthosaurus · Albertosaurus · Alioramus · Carcharodontosaurus · Daspletosaurus · Eocarcharia · Giganotosaurus · Gorgosaurus · Mapusaurus · Metriacanthosaurus · Rajasaurus · Saurophaganax · Siamotyrannus · Tarbosaurus · Torvosaurus · Tyrannosaurus · Yangchuanosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Acrocanthosaurus/Alpha · Alioramus/Super · Carcharodontosaurus/Armor · Daspletosaurus/Super · Eocarcharia/Armor · Eocarcharia/Super · Giganotosaurus/Alpha · Gigas · Gigas/Armor · Gorgosaurus/Alpha · Mapusaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus/Alpha · Rajasaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus/Super · Tarbosaurus/Super · Terry/Super · Torvosaurus/Armor · Torvosaurus/Super · Tyrannosaurus/Armor · Tyrannosaurus/Black · Tyrannosaurus/Super · Yangchuanosaurus/Armor|
|Main:||Terry · Gigas|