This page is for the anime main dinosaur. For his species, see Tyrannosaurus.
Terry (ティラノ Tirano) is the Alpha Gang's first dinosaur. He is voiced by Yuuka Nakatsukasa in the Japanese version.
- Species: Tyrannosaurus
- Name: Terry (ティラノ Tirano)
- Meaning of Name: Tyrant Lizard (From his own species name's meaning)
- Owner: Ursula & Dr. Z (Alpha Gang)
- Attribute: Fire
- Sign: Paper
- Power: 1600
- Technique: 700
- Paper (Critical): 700
- Rock/Scissors: 425
- Super Attack Type (Japanese 2007 Series & promo edition; Taiwanese Series 2)
- Reform Type (Japanese Happy Set Meal Edition combined card)
- Card Rarity: Gold
- Arcade Nickname/Catchcopy:
- Japanese: アクト団の主砲 (Alpha Gang's Main Gun)
- Altered Forms: DinoTector Terry, Super Terry
Like all anime dinosaurs except Black Tyrannosaurus, his card was only available in Japanese and Taiwanese versions but can be used in English arcade.
- Taiwanese: Series 2 3rd Edition (AN10-龍; Super Blitz Type)
- Attribute: Fire
- Owner: Alpha Gang (usually Ursula, Dr. Z, or Rod)
- Debut: Prehistory in the Making
- Dinosaurs Defeated: Chomp, Ace, Paris, Spiny, Tank, Styracosaurus (with Spiny), Ceratosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Altirhinus, Torosaurus (exhausted from battle), Iguanodon, Pteranodon, Saurophaganax, Fukuisaurus, Black Tyrannosaurus (with assistance), Edmontonia, Gigas
- Altered Forms: DinoTector Terry
- Other: Terry is the first dinosaur the Alpha Gang had. He has a strong rivalry with Chomp, as Chomp is the dinosaur who battles him most often.
- Volcano Burst
- Terry burns his opponent in a burst of fire. It is both Terry's first and most-used Move Card.
- Neck Crusher
- Terry throws the dinosaur into the air, then slams its neck with his tail. Although he originally using the Move against Carcharodontosaurus, he did a similar type of attack to defeat Tank.
- Tag Team
- Pawpawsaurus defended Terry against Chomp and Ace's attacks. It was eventually reclaimed by Max Taylor.
- Blazing Spin Attack
- This was nearly used in Carnival of Chaos, but was interrupted by Helga's arrival. It was never mentioned for Terry again (but Rajasaurus used it).
- Tail Smash
- Terry smacks the opponent with his tail. This defeated Pteranodon when Zoe attempted to save Iguanodon.
- Critical Block
- Velociraptors block your opponent's move. It was first used by Seth against Chomp.
- Final Fury
- Velociraptors attack your opponent, throwing them around.
- Fire Scorcher (Death Fire)
- Create a giant flaming meteor in you mouth and send it down onto your opponent! Seth had Terry use this Move to test its effectiveness, but using the Move drained most of Terry's energy, defeating him immediately.
- Unnamed Volcano Burst/Shockwave Fusion Move
- An attack that combined a blast of fire with Shockwave's water tendrils, used to destroy a bullseye target while Dr. Z was making new Move Cards in Desperately Seeking Spartacus. Despite its effectiveness, it was never used again.
- Ultimate Fire
- Ram into your opponent while you are on fire. This was first used against Edmontonia, and last used against Gigas.
- Heat Eruption
- A volcano spews flaming hot meteors! It was obtained from Sheer's Mapusaurus and was used against the mind-controlled Genie, but was blocked by his Hydro Cutter.
- Magma Blaster
- Terry collects fire in his mouth, then shoots it off as a beam. This was first and last used to attack the Dark Pterosaur.
- Attribute: Fire
- Sign: Paper
- Power: 1500
- [Alpha Slash] (Terry (DKCG, DKTB, DKAA, DKBD, DKDS))
- You can only Dino Slash "Terry (Battle Mode)" by placing it on top of this Dinosaur.
- [Pinch Hitter] (Terry (DKTB))
- During your turn, when one of your other Dinosaurs battles, you can send this Dinosaur to your discard pile. If you do, use this Dinosaur's Rock-Paper-Scissors icon to decide which Dinosaur has to use a Move first.
- [Assist] (Terry (DKAA))
- When you Dino Slash this Dinosaur from your hand, all of your other Special Dinosaurs in play gain +200 Power until the end of the turn. (You can only use 1 [Assist] ability per turn.)
- [Elemental Boost: Water] (Terry (DKBD))
- If you have a Water Dinosaur in play when you Dino Slash this Dinosaur, draw 1 card.
- [Dinotector On] (Terry (DKDS, DKTA, SAS))
- If your Turn Counter is 4 or higher, you can Dino Slash "Terry (Dinotector)" by placing it on top of this Dinosaur.
- [Special Assistance] (Terry (DKTA))
- Fire Special Dinosaurs can use this card as a Super Move that gives +500 Power.
- [Alpha Assistance] (Terry (SAS))
- When you Dino Slash this Dinosaur, you can reveal your hand. If you do and there are no Dinosaurs, choose a Special Dinosaur from your deck and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.
- [Fire Master] (Battle Mode (DKCG, DKAA))
- This Dinosaur can use all Fire Super Moves.
- [Combo Bite] (Battle Mode (DKCG))
- When this Dinosaur uses a Super Move and wins the battle, your opponent loses 1 extra Life Point.
- [Loyal] (Battle Mode (DKAA))
- While your Character is face up, this Dinosaur's Power is 1700.
- [Fusion Master] (Battle Mode (DKBD))
- When this Dinosaur uses a Fusion Move, it gains an extra +300 Power.
He is already seen in the Alpha Gang's possession in episode 1, implying his card had never been lost. He is the most powerful of the main three Alpha Gang dinosaurs, he's a dangerous opponent, actually proving to be stronger than the D-Team's main dinosaurs. When in his chibi form, Terry enjoys nibbling on Dr. Z's beard.
He is primarily used by Ursula, and is the Alpha Gang's most-used dinosaur, defeating a number of other dinosaurs, though also being beaten his fair share of times. However, he, like the Alpha Gang's other dinosaurs, seemed to be more effective under Rod and Laura's control than the Alpha Trio's.
Laura first activated Terry in the premiere to scare Dr. Z and Ed for fun. He later fought with Chomp, nearly beating him before Chomp used Electric Charge. Terry quickly goes on to defeat both Spiny and Tank, having mixed success fighting the D-Team's dinos. He is the Alpha Gang's most potent fighter for much of the first series, though he and his allies quickly start racking up more losses that victories.
Dr. Z first activated him during Alien Parent Trap in the Cretaceous Period to capture wild dinosaurs, he almost defeated Chomp with Volcano Burst, but he was defeated by Chomp and the help of a wild Ampelosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, and Styracosaurus.
He was later summoned by Dr. Z to help Chomp and Ace defeat Torvosaurus, but Chomp and Ace had already defeated the Torvosaurus before he could attack. In this pattern, he was uses several times after that by the Alpha Gang, though rarely to good effect, except when fighting Edmontonia.
In the finale, he used Magma Blaster in a Fusion Move to punch a hole in the outer shield of the Dark Pterosaur. When Maximus and Armatus used their Spectral Moves against him, he was saved by Spiny and Tank, but was defeated along with Gigas when their attacks (Ultimate Fire and Spectral Lancer ) collided.
Terry's Japanese name, Tirano is an allusion to his actual genus name "Tyrannosaurus", however in Japan's alphabet the letter "Y" is absent and is replaced with a "I". Tirano also means 'Tyrant' in Spanish.
He doesn't seem to be particularly close to any of the Alpha Gang, though like the other dinosaurs is shown to like Rod and Laura better than the A-Team. He has a strong rivalry with Chomp. He is mostly used by Ursula, Dr. Z, or Rod.
- Ursula's arcade comments:
- Original: らんぼうで言いつけを聞かないこまったちゃんだけど、ティラノちゃんは最強よ～ん！
- Tranlastion: I'm worried he does not listen to me, but he is the strongest!
- His transformation sequence is different from the others because he begins by standing on the ground with the camera zooming out as opposed to floating forward towards the camera before turning and spinning upwards.
- Unlike the other main dinosaurs, Terry is the only one that does not fight any of his other relatives from the tyrannosaurid family, although he fought Black Tyrannosaurus and Gigas, the two altered Tyrannosauruses that appeared in the anime.
- Terry's first Move Card, Volcano Burst, was not called by its actual name in the English dub during its first usage.
- Terry's Japanese name oddly means "Dinosaur".
- Like the stereotypical T. rex, Terry has a strong rivalry with the Triceratops of the series, Chomp.
- Unlike Spiny, Terry is shown to be good in combat, as observed in many of his fights with the D-Team's dinosaurs.
- Terry and Chomp are the only dinosaurs to be "saved" by other dinosaurs from being defeated: Terry was saved by Spiny and Tank from Armatus's Spectral Stinger and Maximus's Spectral Punisher, and Chomp by Paris from Terry's Neck Crusher.
- Alongside Chomp, Ace, and Paris, Terry is the most popular character in Dinosaur King where as it goes so far as to appearing on merchandise unrelated to the series itself (seen in Gallery).
- Terry is the dinosaur with the most number of different dinosaur defeats in Season 1, which is 15, followed by Chomp who has 13.
- Terry is the only Alpha Gang dinosaur to defeat all three of the D-Team's main dinosaurs without assistance, also the only one of the 3 to defeat one of the Space Pirates' main dinosaurs without assistance (although he was defeated at the same time).
- He is also the only main dinosaur to defeat both of the dinosaurs that would eventually become his allies. (Spiny defeated Tank, that was later and with Futaba Super Cannon, while Terry defeated Spiny and Tank without Moves and before they were Alpha Gang dinosaurs; the D-Team's main dinosaurs never fought each other.)
- Normally while in his chibi form, Terry is shown to have 4 teeth, but during his transformation sequence, his chibi is shown to have more teeth.
- Terry being targeted first by the Spectral Space Pirates in the last episode by both Maximus and Armatus may suggest that he was the most feared dinosaur by the Spectral Space Pirates (although he was saved by Spiny and Tank).
- Terry is the only dinosaur whose DinoTector Armor color does not match with his Element color (in his case, Fire is represented as red, but Terry's armor is orange, and can appear yellowish when glowing, though all three colors can be seen in actual fire).
|p · e · t||Main Dinosaurs|
|D-Team:||Chomp (Max) · Ace (Rex) · Paris (Zoe)|
|Alpha Gang:||Terry · Spiny · Tank|
|Spectral Space Pirates:||Brontikens (Spectre) · Gigas (Gavro) · Armatus (Foolscap) · Maximus (Sheer) · Eocarcharia (Goma)|
|Seth:||Saurophaganax · Black Tyrannosaurus · Cryolophosaurus|
|p · e · t||Fire Anime Dinosaurs|
|Season 1:||Terry · Carcharodontosaurus · Acrocanthosaurus · Acrocanthosaurus/Alpha · Daspletosaurus · Saurophaganax · Mapusaurus · Tyrannosaurus/Black|
|Season 2:||Terry · Torvosaurus · Torvosaurus/Armor · Yangchuanosaurus · Yangchuanosaurus/Armor · Terry/Armor · Mapusaurus · Mapusaurus/Armor · Carcharodontosaurus · Carcharodontosaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus · Rajasaurus/Armor · Gigas/Armor|
|p · e · t||Fire Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Abelisaurus · Acrocanthosaurus · Albertosaurus · Alioramus · Carcharodontosaurus · Daspletosaurus · Eocarcharia · Giganotosaurus · Gorgosaurus · Mapusaurus · Metriacanthosaurus · Rajasaurus · Saurophaganax · Siamotyrannus · Tarbosaurus · Torvosaurus · Tyrannosaurus · Yangchuanosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Acrocanthosaurus/Alpha · Alioramus/Super · Carcharodontosaurus/Armor · Daspletosaurus/Super · Eocarcharia/Armor · Eocarcharia/Super · Giganotosaurus/Alpha · Gigas · Gigas/Armor · Gorgosaurus/Alpha · Mapusaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus/Alpha · Rajasaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus/Super · Tarbosaurus/Super · Terry/Armor · Terry/Super · Torvosaurus/Armor · Torvosaurus/Super · Tyrannosaurus/Armor · Tyrannosaurus/Black · Tyrannosaurus/Super · Yangchuanosaurus/Armor|
|Main:||Terry · Gigas|
|p · e · t||Gold Rare Arcade Dinosaurs|
|Fire:||Tyrannosaurus (1st) · Mapusaurus (2nd)|
|Water:||Spinosaurus (1st) · Ampelosaurus (2nd) · Isisaurus (3rd)|
|Lightning:||Styracosaurus (1st) · Pentaceratops (2nd)|
|Earth:||Saichania (1st) · Euoplocephalus (2nd) ·|
|Grass:||Parasaurolophus (1st) · Saurolophus (2nd) · Lambeosaurus/magnicristatus (3rd)|
|Wind:||Carnotaurus (1st) · Megaraptor (2nd) · Allosaurus/atrox (3rd)|
|Other & Exclusive:||Acrocanthosaurus/Alpha · Chomp · Ace · Paris · Terry · Spiny · Tank · Saurophaganax · Tyrannosaurus/Black · Eocarcharia|
|Armored:||Chomp/Armor · Ace/Armor · Paris/Armor Terry/Armor · Spiny/Armor · Tank/Armor · Eocarcharia/Armor|