Therizinosaurus is famous for having the longest claws of any known animal.
- Name: Therizinosaurus cheloniformis
- Name Meaning: Scythe Lizard
- Diet: Herbivore
- Length: 9-10 meters (30-33 feet)
- Time Period: Late Cretaceous
- Classification: Therizinosauria --> Therizinosauridae
- Found: Mongolia, China
- Describer: Maleev, 1954
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: Secret
- Power: 2000
- TCG: 1500
- Technique: 1000
- Sign: Rock
- TCG: Scissors
- Owner: Dr. Z (Alpha Gang), Max Taylor (D-Team), Rex Owen (D-Team), Rod (Alpha Gang)
- Name: Therizino (Japanese)
- Dinosaurs Defeated: Tank, Terry, Spiny, Ace, Paris, Black Tyrannosaurus (with assistance)
- Other: It also has an altered version, Super Therizinosaurus. In the Japanese anime, Therizinosaurus is a female, while in the English dub, it is a male.
- Gyro Claw (Gyro Slasher)
- Therizinosaurus will do a spinning attack by using its claws. It was used to defeat Terry and Spiny, and helped defeat the Black T-Rex.
- Claw Blade (Nail Blade)
- Therizinosaurus's claws become longer and slice the enemy. It was used to defeat Paris and Ace, and it knocked Chomp's energy down to a critical level.
- Dangerous Claw (Claw Impaler)
- Therizinosaurus will throw its enemy and its claw will become huge, impaling the opponent when it lands. However, this Move is not seen in anime.
- Giant Slayer
- This Dinosaur gains +700 Power while it's battling a level 7 Dinosaur.
- (This Dinosaur can use Super Moves of any Element. It must still meet any other requirements.)
Just like Pachycephalosaurus, Therizinosaurus was raised by Dr. Z as a child. One night, Dr. Z dreamed about him, so he sent the A-Team to find and bring him back home. His card was in the limestone wall of a building in the centre where the D-Team were for their school exercise. When light refracted around the edge of a nearby building to produce a rainbow, his card was activated, shining with the same bright light as Pachycephalosaurus. Dr. Z thought that he would want to go home, but he had tested him when he was young trying to teach him proper manners, and given abusive punishments if done wrong. As a result, Therizinosaurus was scared of him and tried escaping. When Dr. Z tried to convince him to go home, the A-Team summoning their dinos to battle him. However, he was too strong, defeating Tank single handedly and using Gyro Claw to defeat Spiny and Terry. Then he jumped to the buildings to escape the media.
Chomp (in chibi form) had bitten onto his tail to follow, but Therizinosaurus began climbing the outside of a building. Fortunately Ace and Paris pulled Therizinosaurus in the building, allowing Chomp to be summoned to his full size. But Therizinosaurus used Claw Blade against them, defeating Paris and Ace and knocking Chomp down to a critical energy level. Dr. Z confronted Therizinosaurus again, this time realizing why it doesn't like him, but he then reminded the dinosaur of the fun times he'd played tag with him. Therizinosaurus remembered this and accepted Dr. Z again, the doctor jumping onto his face to hug him. Unfortunately, this extra weight tipped Therizinosaurus off balance, and he fell forward out the window. Chomp ran up and grabbed his tail, but couldn't hold him, with both dinosaurs falling from the building. Chomp returned to his card mid-air, but Therizinosaurus held and covered Dr. Z to protect him, as a result returning to his card when he hit the ground. Despite this, his card was claimed by Max. Dr. Z swore to get it back.
- In Daddy Dearest, Dr. Taylor stated Therizinosaurus was part of the same family as Tyrannosaurus and Albisaurus. In actuality, it was only related to Tyrannosaurus by being a coelurosaur (a far larger group than a taxonomic Family, an actual scientific term), and Albisaurus isn't even a dinosaur. Dr. Taylor may instead have meant to say "Abelisaurus", a ceratosaurian theropod, but ceratosaurs aren't closely related to coelurosaurs except by being theropods, which make up half of one of the two main dinosaur branches.
- When chibi Therizinosaurus appears in the memories of Dr. Z in Daddy Dearest, instead of being black and white like its full-sized self, it was dark blue and white.
- It and Pachycephalosaurus were the only Secret Dinosaurs that were not defeated by another dinosaur.
- Therizinosaurus was the only Secret Dinosaur to eventually accept Dr. Z as its "daddy", or any authoritative figure, though not at first.
- When Dinosaur King was still airing, there was a website where you could catch dinosaurs in your own Dino Holders. Strangely, the website depicted Secret Dinosaurs as having one of the six regular Elements. Therizinosaurus was shown to have the Fire Element, thus extending the range of the Fire Dinosaurs to include some therizinosaurs.
|p · e · t||Secret Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Brontosaurus · Cryolophosaurus · Deinonychus · Eoraptor · Megalosaurus · Pachycephalosaurus · Pawpawsaurus · Therizinosaurus|
|Main:||Brontikens · Cryolophosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Brontosaurus/Armor · Deinonychus/Armor · Therizinosaurus/Super|