While there used to be many named species of Triceratops, only two (T. horridus and T. prorsus) are today considered valid. Diceratops (now known as "Nedoceratops") is sometimes considered to be the same creature, and Torosaurus was recently suggested as represending mature Triceratops, but newer evidence seems to disagree. Both claims are highly controversial.
- Name: Triceratops horridus
- Name Meaning: Three-horned face
- Diet: Herbivore
- Length: 10 meters (33 feet)
- Time Period: Late Cretaceous
- Classification: Ceratopsidae --> Chasmosaurinae --> Triceratopsini
- Place Found: Canada, US
- Describer: Marsh, 1889
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Japanese: 暴君ぼうくんの好敵手
- English: The Tyrant's Rival
- Attribute: Lightning
- Power: 1400
- TCG: 1500
- Technique: 700
- Sign: Scissors
- TCG: Paper
- Altered Form:
- Other: Although Chomp is a Triceratops, the two have different cards and stats. Also, Chomp is orange instead of grey. It has an upgraded form at Super Triceratops, another altered form at Alpha Triceratops, and an armored form at DinoTector Triceratops. Maximus is another altered Triceratops with a Spectral Armor form.
- Magnetic Field (Serene Triceratops)
- While this Dinosaur is attacking, all Super Moves in play lose all abilities.
- A herd of wild Triceratops appear in Alien Parent Trap during the Cretaceous Period. Although their colors are dulled and faded, they still obviously aren't intended to have the same color scheme as the arcade version of Triceratops.
- Although a Super Dinosaur typically has the same Power and twice the Technique of its regular form, the stats of Triceratops and Super Triceratops are seemingly unrelated. On the backs of Super Triceratops arcade cards, there are images of a yellow/orange Triceratops (who isn't Chomp) with the appropriate numbers of points compared to the Super form.
- According to one of the original Japanese websites, the species is called T. elatus, which is a former species now considered synonymous with T. horridus.
- In the Arcade Game, it is the default dinosaur used if a player did not own/bring his/her own cards.
|p · e · t||Lightning Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Achelousaurus · Albertaceratops · Anchiceratops · Arrhinoceratops · Brachyceratops · Centrosaurus · Chasmosaurus · Diceratops · Einiosaurus · Eucentrosaurus · Monoclonius · Pachyrhinosaurus · Pentaceratops · Styracosaurus · Torosaurus · Triceratops · Udanoceratops · Zuniceratops|
|Altered/Armored:||Achelousaurus/Armor ·Anchiceratops/Armor · Anchiceratops/Super · Arrhinoceratops/Alpha · Brachyceratops/Super · Chasmosaurus/Alpha · Chomp/Super · Diceratops/Armor · Diceratops/Super · Einiosaurus/Alpha · Eucentrosaurus/Super · Maximus · Maximus/Armor · Pachyrhinosaurus/Armor · Pentaceratops/Armor · Pentaceratops/Black · Torosaurus/Super · Triceratops/Alpha · Triceratops/Armor · Triceratops/Super|
|Main:||Chomp · Maximus|