It was originally clarified as a tapejarid, but was later reclassified as thalassadromid.
- Name: Tupuxuara leonardii
- Name Meaning: Familiar Spirit
- Diet: Piscivore
- Wingspan: 5-6 meters (16-20 feet)
- Time Period: Early/Middle Cretaceous
- Classification: Pterosauria --> Pterodactyloidea --> Azhdarchoidea --> Thalassodromidae
- Place Found: Santana Formation, Brazil
- Describer: Kellner, 1994
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: Grass/Normal
- Sign: Rock (Tupuxuara Dive), Paper (Green Impulse), Special (Dino Force)
- Appears In: Move Cards (Tupuxuara Dive, Green Impulse, Dino Force)
- Owner: Foolscap (Space Pirates), Zoe (D-Team), Zander (Alpha Gang)
- Dinosaurs Defeated: Tuojiangosaurus, Anhanguera
- Debut: Four Part Harmony
- Tupuxuara Dive (Normal)
- A Tupuxuara slices your opponent! This was used to save Zoe from falling after the bridge was cut down.
- Green Impulse (Grass)
- Eight Tupuxuara (only a maximum of 7 in the anime) smack your opponent and steal their energy. Most of the time, Tupuxuara was used more like its effect in Tupuxuara Dive, but was used properly against Gigas.
- Dino Force (Grass)
- Tupuxuara, Minmi and Muraenosaurus charge at your opponent! This was not used in the anime, as it was released long after the anime finished airing.
Tupuxuara was first summoned by Foolscap's Shantungosaurus using Green Impulse in Ancient China, fighting Pteranodon. After Paris was defeated and returned to a card along with the Pteranodon, he was knocked away by Chomp. When Chomp defeated Shantungosaurus with Plasma Anchor, he returned to his card too, allowing Max to reclaim the card.
He later helped Paris to defeat Foolscap's Tuojiangosaurus in Ancient Japan (There's No Business Like Shogun Business), and to defeat Anhanguera in Ancient Persia (Desert Heat). Several Tupuxuara were summoned to help fight Gigas in 1716 Paris (The Wee Musketeers).
Another Tupuxuara is summoned when Tank uses Tupuxuara Dive in the Paris Story Arc (The Haunted Hunt) to save the D-Team after the bridge was cut down underneath them, as well as chase away Foolscap (Dr. Z probably created this card, as no other dinosaur previously used Tupuxuara Dive, though how is unclear).
- While sometimes misspelled "Tupuxara", the correct spelling is "Tupuxuara".
- Tupuxuara was the only dinosaur in the anime to appear having more than one Attribute (Velociraptor was altered from a dinosaur card into a Multiple Move tri-card, but overall stayed within the "Normal" Element).
|p · e · t||Move Card Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Anhanguera · Archaeopteryx · Cryolophosaurus · Dromiceiomimus · Gallimimus · Leaellynasaura · Pawpawsaurus · Piatnitzkysaurus · Quetzalcoatlus · Segnosaurus · Stegoceras · Struthiomimus · Tapejara · Troodon · Tupuxuara · Velociraptor|
|Grass:||Minmi · Muraenosaurus · Oviraptor · Pteranodon · Seismosaurus · Supersaurus · Tupuxuara|
|Water:||Futabasaurus · Ophthalmosaurus|
|p · e · t||Grass Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Altirhinus · Anatotitan · Brachylophosaurus · Camptosaurus · Charonosaurus · Corythosaurus · Edmontosaurus · Fukuisaurus · Iguanodon · Lambeosaurus/lambei · Lambeosaurus/magnicristatus · Lanzhousaurus · Leaellynasaura · Maiasaura · Muttaburrasaurus · Olorotitan · Ouranosaurus · Parasaurolophus · Prosaurolophus · Saurolophus · Shantungosaurus · Tsintaosaurus|
|Move Card:||Minmi · Muraenosaurus · Oviraptor · Pteranodon · Seismosaurus · Supersaurus · Tupuxuara|
|Altered/Armored:||Altirhinus/Super · Corythosaurus/Super · Iguanodon/Alpha · Lambeosaurus/Alpha · Lanzhousaurus/Armor · Muttaburrasaurus/Super · Ouranosaurus/Alpha · Parasaurolophus/Armor · Parasaurolophus/Super · Paris/Super · Saurolophus/Black · Shantungosaurus/Armor · Shantungosaurus/Super · Tsintaosaurus/Super · Tsintaosaurus/Alpha|