- Species: Tyrannosaurus
- Meaning of Name: Black Tyrant Lizard
- Owner: Seth
- Attribute: Fire
- Sign: Paper
- Power: 2000
- Technique: 0
- Paper (Critical): 800
- Rock/Scissors: 600
- Type: Death Type
- Arcade Nickname/Catchcopy:
- Japanese: 暗黑の魔神
- English: The Demon of Darkness
- Taiwanese: 黑色魔神
- Card Rarity: Gold
Black Tyrannosaurus is the only anime dinosaurs available in English version and had available as exclusive cards with "EX" code number.
- 2007 4th Edition+ (New; AN10-竜)
- 2009 CoroCoro Comic promo card edition (EX11-竜)
- English: Series 2 4th Edition (AN01-Dino)
- Taiwanese: Series 2 4th Edition (AN10-龍)
- Attribute: Fire
- Owner: Seth (of his own accord)
- Dinosaurs Defeated: Maiasaura, Ceratosaurus, Megaraptor, Daspletosaurus (presumably)
- Location: Zeta Point/Backlander
- Fire Scorcher (Death Fire)
- Burn your opponents away with a giant meteor! This Move drains the energy of most dinosaurs who try to use it, but Black T-Rex was altered so as to not be affected by this. It was first used by him on the D-Team and the Alpha Gang to stop them from running away, but they avoided it. Later it was launched at Paris but missed, Jonathan jumping in to stop it hitting Rex, and lastly trying to counter the Super Fusion Move, but the attack breached it and hit Black T-Rex. What happened to the Card after his defeat isn't specified.
- Attribute: Fire
- Sign: Paper
- Power: 2500
- Level: 6
- Life: 4
- Card Code: DKBD-001/100, DKBD-091/100, DKT1-002/004
- Card Rarity: Gold Rare (DKBD), Colossal Rare (DKBD), Colossal Exclusive w/ texture (DKT1)
- [Dark Bite]
- When this Dinosaur attacks, it gains [Bite: 3] until the end of the battle. (When it wins a battle, your opponent loses 3 extra Life Points.)
- [Black Dinosaur]
- Before you Dino Slash this Dinosaur, you must send 2 Fire Dinosaurs in play to your discard pile. This Dinosaur can't use Fusion Moves.
In One Final Move!, he was unleashed on the D-Team's city. He withstood Lightning Spear and Volcano Burst without being affected, forcing the D-Team's dinosaurs and Terry to retreat, but Seth called him back because his energy was running lower than expected after the test run. Seth supercharged him using the Stones from the D-Team's Dino Holders and set him out against the D-Team and Alpha Gang again after Saurophaganax's defeat.
After the cliffhanger into Dinosaur War!, he was led out onto the top of the Backlander, where he was faced with a collection of dinosaurs (that mildly varied between shots). He nearly beat Terry simply by swinging his tail, then defeated Maiasaura, Ceratosaurus, and Megaraptor by kicking them, and shook off Daspletosaurus's Fire Bomb. Afterwards, he launched a Fire Scorcher attack that barely missed Paris, and that Jonathan jumped in front of to stop it from hitting Rex.
After adding the Secret Dinosaurs to their force, a Fusion Move formed by Ace's Cyclone, Paris's Nature's Blessing, Allosaurus's Mayfly, Fukuisaurus's Emerald Garden, Spiny's Shockwave, Tank's Earthquake, Ampelosaurus's Aqua Vortex, Pachycephalosaurus's Laser Ray, Stegosaurus's Spike Arrows, Saurophaganax's Magma Blaster, Therizinosaurus's Gyro Claw, Megalosaurus's Zero G Throw, the Deinonychus trio's Spinning Attack, and Terry's Volcano Burst was launched at the Black T-Rex. The attack was intercepted by Fire Scorcher, but it broke through and hit him, dealing damage but not enough, though it did seem to interfere with the Backlander's usage of the fake Stones Seth had made. After a second hit from the Fusion Move, Black T-Rex was visibly exhausted but still not defeated, worsening the problem with the Backlander's power circuits. After a third direct hit, the Black T-Rex was finally defeated, but instead of turning into a card, it broke apart into purple-glowing black strands of energy and dissipated.
- Seth's arcade comments:
- Japanese: ｵﾚが作り出したきゅうきょくの恐竜だ。すさまじいﾊﾟﾜｰの前にはDｷｯｽﾞなどてきではない！
- English: I've created the ultimate dinosaur! The D-Team is no match for this dinosaur's tremendous power!
- Taiwanese: 我所創造出來的終極恐龍。在他強大威力之下，D-Kids根本不是敵人。
- It and Isisaurus are the only arcade dinosaurs that have zero Technique.
- Its card data are marked with "?" except for meaning of name.
- It is the largest dinosaur in the anime due to it's alteration. While its exact size isn't specifically stated, by being compared to other anime dinosaurs, it looks to be at least 100 feet long or more, although it is shown to be only slightly bigger than a normal Tyrannosaurus in the arcade game (likely so the dinosaur could fit onto the screen).
- It is the only Dinosaur to survive a Fusion Move after being hit (Gigas stopped the "Fusion" Move of Spiny and Tank before it hit him.).
- It shares the same roar as the original Saurophaganax (Dueling Dinos to Full Scheme Ahead, and the one summoned in Dinosaur War)
- It is the only Dinosaur not to turn back into a card when defeated.
- It was created when Seth took a perfect Tyrannosaurus skeleton and used its DNA to synthesize a more powerful version of a Tyrannosaurus. Interestingly, bringing dinosaurs to life from fossils is exactly how the D-Team collects dinosaurs in the DS game.
|p · e · t||Main Dinosaurs|
|D-Team:||Chomp (Max) · Ace (Rex) · Paris (Zoe)|
|Alpha Gang:||Terry · Spiny · Tank|
|Spectral Space Pirates:||Brontikens (Spectre) · Gigas (Gavro) · Armatus (Foolscap) · Maximus (Sheer) · Eocarcharia (Goma)|
|Seth:||Saurophaganax · Black Tyrannosaurus · Cryolophosaurus|
|p · e · t||Fire Anime Dinosaurs|
|Season 1:||Terry · Carcharodontosaurus · Acrocanthosaurus · Acrocanthosaurus/Alpha · Daspletosaurus · Saurophaganax · Mapusaurus · Tyrannosaurus/Black|
|Season 2:||Terry · Torvosaurus · Torvosaurus/Armor · Yangchuanosaurus · Yangchuanosaurus/Armor · Terry/Armor · Mapusaurus · Mapusaurus/Armor · Carcharodontosaurus · Carcharodontosaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus · Rajasaurus/Armor · Gigas/Armor|
|p · e · t||Fire Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Abelisaurus · Acrocanthosaurus · Albertosaurus · Alioramus · Carcharodontosaurus · Daspletosaurus · Eocarcharia · Giganotosaurus · Gorgosaurus · Mapusaurus · Metriacanthosaurus · Rajasaurus · Saurophaganax · Siamotyrannus · Tarbosaurus · Torvosaurus · Tyrannosaurus · Yangchuanosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Acrocanthosaurus/Alpha · Alioramus/Super · Carcharodontosaurus/Armor · Daspletosaurus/Super · Eocarcharia/Armor · Eocarcharia/Super · Giganotosaurus/Alpha · Gigas · Gigas/Armor · Gorgosaurus/Alpha · Mapusaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus/Alpha · Rajasaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus/Super · Tarbosaurus/Super · Terry/Armor · Terry/Super · Torvosaurus/Armor · Torvosaurus/Super · Tyrannosaurus/Armor · Tyrannosaurus/Black · Tyrannosaurus/Super · Yangchuanosaurus/Armor|
|Main:||Terry · Gigas|
|p · e · t||Gold Rare Arcade Dinosaurs|
|Fire:||Tyrannosaurus (1st) · Mapusaurus (2nd)|
|Water:||Spinosaurus (1st) · Ampelosaurus (2nd) · Isisaurus (3rd)|
|Lightning:||Styracosaurus (1st) · Pentaceratops (2nd)|
|Earth:||Saichania (1st) · Euoplocephalus (2nd) ·|
|Grass:||Parasaurolophus (1st) · Saurolophus (2nd) · Lambeosaurus/magnicristatus (3rd)|
|Wind:||Carnotaurus (1st) · Megaraptor (2nd) · Allosaurus/atrox (3rd)|
|Other & Exclusive:||Acrocanthosaurus/Alpha · Chomp · Ace · Paris · Terry · Spiny · Tank · Saurophaganax · Tyrannosaurus/Black · Eocarcharia|
|Armored:||Chomp/Armor · Ace/Armor · Paris/Armor Terry/Armor · Spiny/Armor · Tank/Armor · Eocarcharia/Armor|