Volcano Burst is a Fire Move Card.
It is the first After-effect Move for Fire.
- Names (Japanese Kanji & Taiwanese): 爆炎壁攻 (Explosive/Blast Wall Attack)
- Attribute: Fire
- Sign: Paper
- Usage Condition: This Move sometimes activates after you win with any Sign.
- Effect: An extra fiery burst erupts from under your opponent after an attack!
- 2006 Winter Season Limited Edition (New; 058-炎; featured Carcharodontosaurus versus unknown sauropod)
- 6th Edition (066-炎; featured Acrocanthosaurus versus Stegosaurus)
- 2007 1st Edition (058-炎; featured Gorgosaurus versus Lambeosaurus)
- 2007 1st Edition+ (058-炎; featured Gorgosaurus versus Lambeosaurus)
- 2007 2nd Edition (077-炎; featured Tarbosaurus versus Sauropelta)
- 2007 3rd Edition (073-炎; featured Alioramus)
- 2007 4th Edition (074-炎; featured Yangchuanosaurus versus Gastonia)
- 2007 4th Edition+ (084-炎; featured Yangchuanosaurus versus Gastonia)
- Gekizan 1st Edition (046-炎; featured Giganotosaurus versus Stegosaurus)
- Gekizan 2nd Edition (053-炎; featured Mapusaurus versus Camptosaurus)
- Gekizan 3rd Edition (056-炎; featured Rajasaurus)
- Kakushin 1st Edition (036-炎; featured Yangchuanosaurus versus Patagosaurus)
- Kakushin 2nd Edition (037-炎; featured Abelisaurus versus Nemegtosaurus)
- Kakushin 3rd Edition (043-炎; featured Tyrannosaurus versus Triceratops)
- Kakushin 4th Edition (046-炎; featured Abelisaurus versus Torosaurus)
- Kakushin 5th Edition Super Ω (004-炎; featured Super Alpha Acrocanthosaurus versus Gigantspinosaurus)
- Kakushin 6th Edition Hyper Battle Museum (042-炎; featured Torvosaurus versus Utahraptor)
- 4th Edition (New; 058-Fire; featured Carcharodontosaurus versus unknown sauropod)
- 5th Edition (066-Fire; featured Acrocanthosaurus versus Stegosaurus)
- 2008 Special Edition (046-Fire; featured Torvosaurus versus Utahraptor)
- Series 2 1st Edition (058-Fire; featured Gorgosaurus versus Lambeosaurus)
- Series 2 2nd Edition (076-Fire; featured Tarbosaurus versus Sauropelta)
- Series 2 3rd Edition (073-Fire; featured Alioramus)
- Series 2 4th Edition (084-Fire; featured Yangchuanosaurus versus Gastonia)
- 3rd Edition (New; 058-炎; featured Carcharodontosaurus versus unknown sauropod)
- 4th Edition (066-炎; featured Acrocanthosaurus versus Stegosaurus)
- 2008 Special Edition (046-炎; featured Torvosaurus versus Utahraptor)
- Series 2 1st Edition (058-炎; featured Gorgosaurus versus Lambeosaurus)
- Series 2 2nd Edition (076-炎; featured Tarbosaurus versus Sauropelta)
- Series 2 3rd Edition (073-炎; featured Alioramus)
- Series 2 4th Edition (084-炎; featured Yangchuanosaurus versus Gastonia)
- Series 2 5th Edition (featured Gorgosaurus versus Lambeosaurus)
- Attribute: Fire
- Owner: Ursula, Zander, Ed, Dr. Z, Rod, Laura (Alpha Gang), Dr. Taylor (D-Team) (briefly)
- Used By: Terry
- Used to Defeat: Ace, Acrocanthosaurus, Iguanodon, Saurophaganax, Fukuisaurus, Black Tyrannosaurus (in a Fusion Move)
- First Appearance: Tanks a Lot!
- Effect: Collect fire in your mouth, and then shoot it across the ground and burn your opponent with it!
- Other: After the timeship incident, it was recreated by Dr. Z and given to Ursula in episode 3. It was Terry's first Move Card.
- Attribute: Fire
- Sign: None
- Card Code: DKSS-028/032
- Card Rarity: Common
- +800; (Only a Fire Dinosaur can use this Move.)
- The first time Terry uses this Move in the dub, it isn't called by name, having Ursula instead say, "Go, Terry, Fire!", and it is seemingly implied that using it once "used it up" for the battle, though this never seems to be the case later in the series.
- Perhaps this detail of Move Cards is ignored by the writers once the series hits its stride, or this one had been an "incomplete" quickly-made version and Dr. Z modified it offscreen for indefinite usage like other Move Cards.
- Twice when Terry tried using this Move, an Ampelosaurus slammed into him, preventing him from using it right.
- This is the only Move used by all of the Alpha Gang members except Seth (and Helga, of course).
- There are two ways Terry uses this Move: he either swings the fire in his mouth around and a column of flames erupts under the feet of his opponent (like in the arcade game); or he throws the fire at the ground, where it shoots along in a line, erupting when it reaches his opponent.
- The final time Terry tried to use this Move wasn't in battle, but was too scare off the bears that had been chasing the Alpha Gang in Mesozoic Meltdown's Ancient Japan Arc, which didn't work, but it did trap Zoe, Tokugawa, and a bear cub in a pile of rocks.
- Artwork from its various arcade cards is also seen on the TCG Move Cards Lava Storm, Raging Inferno, and Searing Flames, and an anime scene featuring it is seen on Fire Power (though it looks like Burning Dash, as Terry is running with the fire in his mouth).
- The Arcade animation for this Move depicts the Fire dinosaur blowing fire lightly in its mouth twice, then fire springs up from the opponent's position.
- In the arcade game, this Move is also used as a "partner effect" in 2-dinosaur tag team battles. If the dinosaur not fighting is a Fire Dinosaur, they will sometimes automatically use Volcano Burst when the fighting dinosaur wins, and the effect will harm the fighting dinosaur's opponent.
- Volcano Burst is the second most used Move in the series, a total of 20 times, and the most used Move in Season 1 alongside Lightning Strike, a total of 18 times, although being used just twice in the second season.
|p · e · t||Fire Move Cards|
|Super Moves:||Blazing Spin Attack · Burning Dash · Fire Bomb · Fire Cannon · Fire Scorcher · Flare Sword · Heat Eruption · Magma Blaster · Volcano Burst|
|Special Moves:||Crimson Flame · Ultimate Fire · Spectral Lancer · Omega Phoenix|
|TCG Fire Moves|